Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trade Ya? (Fabric, Block & LEGAL Pattern Swapping) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trade-ya-fabric-block-legal-pattern-swapping-t551.html)

patricej 02-05-2007 03:48 AM

Does anybody know if and how we could use this forum to establish an ongoing fabric swap?

It might not literally save us any money since we'd have bought at least some of what we swapped, but I can't be the only one who has a mega-stash from which to share and swap the leftovers. Could also be a good way to find that last length of the fabric we didn't buy enough of and the shops don't have any more.

kathy 02-05-2007 03:54 AM

I was thinking a block swap would be cool. Now would make some unique quilts. But are you talking fat quarters or what? I'm game if we are allowed.
kathy

patricej 02-05-2007 04:04 AM

Blocks, fat quarters, yards or partial yards ... whatever. If we're allowed, we should try to keep the rules as few as possible. (Just make sure we don't accidentally help each other into the jailhouse. LOL)

For example, there are a few things I need and can't find. I'd be willing to trade 2-for-1 if I could find them. Other stuff might go at 1-for-1; whatever works for the swappers making the transaction, the administrator(s) of this board, and ... oh, yeah ... those pesky, picky lawmakers.

:wink:

kathy 02-05-2007 04:12 AM

I would think that as long as there is no cash involved , friends could trade anything they want to but I'm just a dumb country girl so if BOO would find out for us we could get going. (hint, hint)
kathy

Admin 02-05-2007 04:22 AM

Yes, that's fine. You can trade fabric as long as everyone understands that the message board administration is not responsible for such trades. It's all between the board members.

patricej 02-05-2007 04:32 AM

do you get to start a Monday with GOOD news? Yippee!!!

:mrgreen:

kathy 02-05-2007 04:35 AM

cool, now I've got to decide what I want to ask for.
kathy

patricej 02-05-2007 04:49 AM

And I'll be scannin' my brains out this evening so I can show what I have to offer and what I need my trades to coordinate with.

I'm going to restrain my greed and let somebody else do the first "ask". Hope I have something good to help her/him out.

:-)

kathy 02-05-2007 04:50 AM

ok, I've got it. I'm making a sampler quilt that's blue and white, all shades of blue, prints, solids, batiks, blendables you name it. As long as it's blue. 12 inch blocks. I'll trade for a block or a fat 1/4. I mostly have beautiful batiks .
any takers?
kathy

patricej 02-05-2007 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't have any BBs, but I do have several blue fabrics to choose from. I'll send you some FQs. If they don't work for your current project, you can probably use or trade them for something else later.

Do you have any kinda-sorta-solids about this shade of red? I used up most of it experimenting with applique. Now I don't have enough to make the quilt I had planned and can't find any more of it. It's slightly darker than medium red; to coordinate with Federal Blue