Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tsunami Quilt Update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tsunami-quilt-update-t9046.html)

Flying_V_Goddess 07-30-2008 04:45 PM

Had good/decent time at party...everyone seemed fond of my reversable hoodie from Hot Topic and my hair (which is good cause I suck at hair styling and couldn't quite get it the way I wanted it). But I got sunburnt the next day while swimming with my cousins and learned how important it is to remember to put on sunscreen.

Anyways, I got a picture of one of the blocks I have done, but I'm at a friend's house so I can't post it right now. I'll post it when I get back home tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping my spot toasty. :)

zyxquilts 07-30-2008 07:30 PM

Glad to hear you had a good time FVG! I'm looking forward to seeing the pic..... (see me patiently waiting?)............ :wink:

reneebobby 07-31-2008 02:13 AM

We are all glad you had a good time and we are all patiently waiting.

Celeste 07-31-2008 02:41 AM

It's tomorrow! :mrgreen: Ok, so it's VERY early in the morning, but I'm waiting! :lol:

Quilting Aggi 07-31-2008 03:40 AM

FVG I know exactely what you are going through trying to get things done before a certain date... here is what I'm going through right now!

Due in August:

one baby quilt - FINALLY machine binded one side of the binding to the quilt the other night. Due August 30th.

one double size quilt for a wedding gift. Wedding is August 14th. Just finished quilting it two days ago. I am hoping to put the binding on it tonight. that depends on how I'm feeling though as I"ve had this HORRIBLE headache since Sunday and now its making me sick. I hate air pressure, humidity and fog!! yep all at the one time.. how fun is that!!

one surprise birthday quilt for Trevor who's birthday is August 28th. Still need to layer that little darling.. I hope to pick up the batting and backing for that tomorrow after work and hope to layer that little double size darling on Sunday.

TWO quilts to make up for teaching in September, but I will need to have them made before the end of August so that I have a coloured photo to hand out to the students when they go to register for their course and for fabric requirements. I know the quilts I'm going to make, I pulled SOME of the fabrics but still need to pre-wash, cut, assemble, etc. etc. the quilts!!

5 quilts to have completed before the end of August!!! I finally had to make a schedule for myself so that I wouldn't burn out!!
That might be something you should look at doing. I find it helps me alot. I havent' been able to work at my machine as much as I need to but then I need to spend time with Trevor too as he is very important to me. It is the summer and there are things we want to do over the hot sunny summer months.

I haven't read this whole thread yet that you started. Perhaps by the time I finish reading it, you will be further ahead on your quilt!! :) Hang in there girl.. Don't stress over it, its not worth burning out over!!

Cheers

Flying_V_Goddess 08-01-2008 08:04 PM

I'm sorry...I said I'd post this yesterday, but ended up staying at my friends house for another night. Well, here's what happened. There's this site called DeviantART where people post their artwork. My friends (husband/wife) made an account that they share---to post her artwork and for him to post his artwork not related to his comic strip. Anyways, they were fiddling around with that and making friends while I was working on a comic strip for my comic, "Kamikaze Charlotte". I showed it to them after I was done and they pushed me to post it on their account. I eventually folded faster than Superman an laundry day and let them post it. Well, it started getting hits...in fact, it got more hits than all the their work they had posted on there combined. Needless to say, I got a little addicted to DeviantART and a bit vain because I posted three things (which is less than half of what they posted) and in total got twice as many hits than all the stuff they posted combined...in fact, the last one got a favorite within the first five minutes of posting. God is going to smite the H*** outta me for being so vain. And I sort of became a message w**** because I met this girl (I call her "C-Chan" for short) who likes Kittie. And they got high speed Internet and I got dial-up so I felt like staying cause their Internet goes so darn fast...and mine goes so slow. Ah, I had fun.

...so yeah, I forgot about posting the picture because of DeviantART and Internet that's faster than mine.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...HPIM2332_2.jpg

Celeste 08-01-2008 09:53 PM

Oooh! Me likeee!

Flying_V_Goddess 08-02-2008 08:56 PM

That picture doesn't do it any justice. The colors got kind of funny...the black is not as black and the red looks kind of off.

reneebobby 08-04-2008 04:05 AM

Very nice block alot of work on that block. Looks hard, well for me that is but I can see you are doing a fine job.

2 Doods 08-11-2008 04:01 PM

I remember you posting way back about this quilt idea. I am so glad you got to make it. Looks like it will be a beauty! Great Job!!