Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFO Quilting Projects Let's give ourselves Deadlines to get them finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufo-quilting-projects-lets-give-ourselves-deadlines-get-them-finished-t49431.html)

craftybear 06-12-2010 10:09 PM

Do you have any unfinished quilting projects? Let's all give ourselves deadlines to get them finished.

Who is In?

craftybear 06-12-2010 10:09 PM

I have some and be working on them this month!

texas granny 06-12-2010 10:16 PM

I have a lot to work on I have been trying to get my room in order so I can sew. I just never seem to have the right amount of time and engery

CAROLJ 06-12-2010 10:22 PM

The more I work the more I have to do. I'm trying to finish up three that are in the piecing stage, and six that are tops, plus I have some odd pieces that I am thinking about making linto a sampler quilt.

When I started quilting again I swore I would finish one quilt at a time, but I was given a couple of tops, and I bought a couple. Now they are flowing like a river.

I don't know how to machine quilt a larger quilt, I can do a lap quilt, or smaller, but have never attempted anything larger. And it takes a long time to hand quilt. Plus I can't afford to have them done. Just to get a basic FMQ done is 75.00 for a queen.

Maybe I'll finish the rag baby quilt, I bought it at a yard sale, it came with a bunch of fabric.

Cat18 06-12-2010 10:35 PM

Sometimes I feel like I have quilting ADD. I have quilts in every stage -- patterns and fabric chosen but not cut, tops that still need borders, tops that need batting and backing, quilts that need to be bound, quilts that need to be labelled, etc. I am trying to work on my UFO's, though!

StitchnFind 06-13-2010 02:21 AM

i dont think i will ever get them all done. i finish one or two and then find four or five more projects that i need to make. haha I think its a never ending battle of the UFO's.haha

bitty39 06-13-2010 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Do you have any unfinished quilting projects? Let's all give ourselves deadlines to get them finished.

Who is In?

I am in....I am going to go with the theory that I will finish one as far as I can each week.....'as far as I can' means till I run out of fabric or need wadding etc as money is tight, I have to buy in small quantities over time at the moment.

no1jan 06-13-2010 02:28 AM

I have only been quilting since the last week of November but have many UFO. I am trying to finish one up now.

I have 2 quilt tops that are almost finished, but don't go upstairs when it is this hot. I do have air up there but seems useless when I only get to stay up there for about an hour.

My goal is to finish everything my the end of the year. Plus new ones I'm sure!

lots2do 06-13-2010 03:55 AM

Oh, I have so many, I'd cringe if I had to count them. There aren't all big projects at all, just unfinished. July is going to be my sewing month so I hope to make a dent in the pile, too.
This is my last week of school and it's so busy. Making things relaxes me but there really isn't any time to get into a project which frustrates me. Oh well, if I'm patient and just plug through this week, I should be rewarded with some time.

pollyjvan9 06-13-2010 04:52 AM

I'm still trying to count how many UFOs (I call them WIPs) I have! I have divided them into groups. Tops only, needs binding only, sandwiched but not quilted, blocks that need to be assembled, etc. This makes me sound like I never finish anything but I really do. I have a BOM I have been working on for 13 mos will finish it this month for my GDs college graduation (only a month late. FMQ a top I made a year or so ago for a BD present for a friend should finish in a day or so. Will decide what do next when that is done.