Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Retreat - March Edition 3-22-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-retreat-march-edition-3-22-13-a-t216483.html)

IBQUILTIN 03-17-2013 08:58 AM

Perfect. We start our Open Quilt group on the 22nd. and maybe we can all join in. Should be fun

Peg-TX 03-17-2013 09:57 AM

Carolyn, please add me to your list. [email protected]

CarolynMT 03-17-2013 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here is my selection of fabrics :) just found them at my LQS and they were too pretty to pass up. No idea what I am going to do with the center or who this is going to in the end, but alas, that is part of the fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402349[/ATTACH]

vickig626 03-17-2013 12:32 PM

Since my plan is to work on runners, placemats and those little finger mitts for Christmas gifts this year, looking forward to doing this. I've been wanting to try this pattern too.

What's your thought on using an ombre fabric?

CarolynMT 03-17-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by vickig626 (Post 5934745)
What's your thought on using an ombre fabric?

I have never worked with ombre fabrics before, but I can imagine if you use a dark center/accent blocks and ombre where the darker is in the center moving out to the lightest.....or vice versa. It would be stunning. The only thing would be to watch how you cut the fabrics.....

so essentially...go for it :) and see where the creativity takes you!

vickig626 03-18-2013 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 5934852)
I have never worked with ombre fabrics before, but I can imagine if you use a dark center/accent blocks and ombre where the darker is in the center moving out to the lightest.....or vice versa. It would be stunning. The only thing would be to watch how you cut the fabrics.....

so essentially...go for it :) and see where the creativity takes you!

I think I just might...like pushing myself.

estzines 03-18-2013 12:18 PM

would love the pdf. The pictures are just beautiful.Cant wait to get started! Elaine

petthefabric 03-18-2013 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm looking forward to it. Attached is a pix of what I have so far. The flower is the center square. Black is the contrast squares. The run of reds is the bars. I'm thinking there's too much middle value and the lightest 2 are too close in value. What do you think. What do you think of the hue and intensity?[ATTACH=CONFIG]402605[/ATTACH]

cannyquilter 03-18-2013 02:16 PM

Would love to join you all. I have a busy weekend planned so think I will get a little head start and cut out my pieces before Friday as I wont be able to do more than an hour or so on Saturday and Sunday. I will be happy if I get the top done.

CarolynMT 03-18-2013 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 5937271)
I'm looking forward to it. Attached is a pix of what I have so far. The flower is the center square. Black is the contrast squares. The run of reds is the bars. I'm thinking there's too much middle value and the lightest 2 are too close in value. What do you think. What do you think of the hue and intensity?

Ok, it is kinda hard to tell on pictures ;) but I would suggest switching the two on the right around, so the red/white polka dots first and the flame like one second. I would switch #5 and #6, #9 seems off a little, perhaps too much yellow, pull it out and see how it looks without it. I would then switch #8 before #6 and switch # 11 and 12.

So....just in case you are confused, counting from left to right this is the order I would put them in:
# 2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 5, 7, 10, 12, 11 (removing 9 all together)

Set it up like that, and walk away for a couple hours to overnight and look again.

I ended up switching a couple of mine just before I cut cause after walking away and coming back I noticed it didnt look completely right. The switches I recommended are to put the "blacks" closer together and the ones without black together....it should flow better. BTW, great choices on fabrics :)