Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What am I going to do with these??????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-am-i-going-do-these-t208133.html)

wolph33 12-10-2012 03:55 PM

What am I going to do with these???????

2 Attachment(s)
I was cleaning upstairs and found thses.I made these when we spent 10 days at hospital 18 months ago with my grand daughters 1st time in with Chrohns.she did not want to be alone and I needed something to do.Hancocks was a mile away and got fabric and thread and a needle.now I have a to go bag always ready. What can I do with these???? too many yoyo's

quilts4charity 12-10-2012 03:57 PM

Oh my, I don't have a clue...but you sure got a lot!!!!

Crossstitcher 12-10-2012 04:00 PM

Make a yo yo clown or doll. Probably find a pattern by googleing.

cdmmiracles 12-10-2012 04:00 PM

I saw a yo yo quilt one time: someone had sewn the yoyo's onto long strips and then made them into a quilt, it was very cute. They had a yoyo strip alternating with a plain strip all the way across.

RedGarnet222 12-10-2012 04:20 PM

Find a nice coordinating piece of fabric and tack them to it where the circles intersect leave a seam allowance without the yo yo's.. Then make a pillow or tote bag with it. Then you will have a great memory item to remember the time together.

Jennie and Me 12-10-2012 04:23 PM

That's a lot of yo-yos!! I saw some patterns last week at JoAnn's for some yo-yo pets...they were really cute.
Sorry that your Granddaughter has Crohns. How old is she? My husband has it and has gone on a new medicine that seems to be helping immensely. There seems to be a lot of it anymore. Our daughter has the beginning stages of it and really has to watch her diet. Hope that your Granddaughter is better.

AliKat 12-10-2012 04:37 PM

I've seen a lot of different critters, clown, and things with yo-yo's. Maybe do a web search.

Of course you could also make them into a throw. It's not my thing but they sure were popular years ago.

ali

wolph33 12-10-2012 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jennie and Me (Post 5711566)
That's a lot of yo-yos!! I saw some patterns last week at JoAnn's for some yo-yo pets...they were really cute.
Sorry that your Granddaughter has Crohns. How old is she? My husband has it and has gone on a new medicine that seems to be helping immensely. There seems to be a lot of it anymore. Our daughter has the beginning stages of it and really has to watch her diet. Hope that your Granddaughter is better.

she is 16 now.she has Remicaid infusions every 4-5 weeks and it helps a lot

lfstamper 12-10-2012 04:55 PM

You probably could sell them....just google yo yo quilts and you will see lots of ideas!

quilttiger 12-10-2012 05:12 PM

I just Googled yo-yo quilts and some websites came up. There is one filled with images of different yo-yo quilts...really neat pictures. Bet if you went in, you will find some ideas you can use. Good luck!