Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Was I Thinking!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-thinking-t211020.html)

Dolphyngyrl 01-15-2013 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 (Post 5787832)
the fabric calculator...I never use it.

Really I love mine, comes in real handy

robinsonkh 01-16-2013 05:40 AM

I personally would not want to quilt without my Tucker Rules from 180 design.

ScrappyAZ 01-16-2013 05:48 AM

All of us have probably purchased a "what was I thinking" tool, book or fabric. Once a year, our quilt group has an exchange of these items which is a lot of fun.

ArtsyOne 01-16-2013 05:54 AM

What really bothers me is when I'm signed up for a class and there is a list of items that are required. I have the stupid "add-a-quarter" and the "purple thang" purchased for a paper-piecing class and they weren't even used in the class!

coopah 01-16-2013 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 5789884)
What really bothers me is when I'm signed up for a class and there is a list of items that are required. I have the stupid "add-a-quarter" and the "purple thang" purchased for a paper-piecing class and they weren't even used in the class!

They didn't show you how to use the "add a quarter" in the PP class? It makes trimming so much easier for PP. There must be a tute out there for that. Sometimes teachers forget about teaching the basics. Not on purpose. It just happens.

Rose Marie 01-16-2013 07:42 AM

My long arm table with a 9 in throat machine. It is useless and takes up all the room in my sewing room. Now I have to wait forever to afford at least an 18 in machine.

GrannieAnnie 01-16-2013 07:50 AM

I've spend a chunk of money on magazines and books that I will probably never use for patterns, but I can't say they were a waste of money. I've gotten hours of pleasure looking thru them time and again.

Sierra 01-16-2013 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne (Post 5789884)

Have to laugh! I use my purple thang all the time. Once I couldln't find it and, as my husband was going out to do something I ask him to stop at Beverly's and get me a purple thang. He asked what a "purple thing" was, but I was in the middle of something intense and told him just to ask for it, they'd get it for him. I did tell him not "thing", but "thang". He came back laughing with it. Of course later I found the other one, and happily have two, which I seem to need all the time because they are easy to misplace!

I googled add-a-quarter and still have no clue what it does.....

Milli 01-16-2013 08:31 AM

And so does deposable ear plugs.

Annaquilts 01-16-2013 08:32 AM

rulers, books, pounce

By the way I love my add a quarter ruler and do not like to paper piece without it. I have the purple thang too some where and agree what a waste.