Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilt do you really really want to do before the end of this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilt-do-you-really-really-want-do-before-end-year-t153514.html)

Sunnie 09-16-2011 05:31 PM

Too many ideas...so little time. I print out any that interest me plus keep any magazine with a good idea. I think I will tape them all to the wall, put on a blindfold and throw a dart.

leatheflea 09-16-2011 05:32 PM

find a chocolate that is as healthy to eat as a carrot!

QuiltingGrannie 09-16-2011 05:35 PM

I just designed a Christmas one that I need to write out the directions on and get made, plus a few Christmas wall hangings, pot holders and need to finish Bill's queen/king bear quilt. It's ready for the LA but been working on other stuff instead!

deedum 09-16-2011 05:35 PM

I would love to get a KING size quilt made that my husband requested. He ask for 3 quilts to fit our bed. I just hope to get one done or get a smaller bed :)

cherrio 09-16-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by New Quilter

Originally Posted by craftybear
could anyone help you???

What quilt do you really really want to do before the end of this year?

(sigh)...to finally have a big enough block of free time to clean out the spare bedroom downstairs for my own quilting room...but with all of the dr. appts. for my Mom and my husband, it's going to be a while...Naomi

Nope...and that's the really frustrating part...I live in another city 15 miles from my Mom...my brother lives with her...he 'occasionally' has a license but doesn't have a car, my younger sister lives less than a mile from Mom but it seems she is always working, next door to her is my older sister who doesn't drive at all(thank goodness)...I have to get groceries for 3 households, plus the dr. appts for everyone...seems like I start to clean the room and someone has another "emergency"...I am 61, and this isn't the "Life" I ordered...lol...Naomi

just remember-just cause that phone rings don't mean ya gotta answer it. haha

auntpiggylpn 09-16-2011 06:02 PM

I really want to start and finish the 2 Dr. Seuss Grinch quilts that are Christmas presents!

Old hen 09-16-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by cherrio

could anyone help you???

What quilt do you really really want to do before the end of this year?

(sigh)...to finally have a big enough block of free time to clean out the spare bedroom downstairs for my own quilting room...but with all of the dr. appts. for my Mom and my husband, it's going to be a while...Naomi

Nope...and that's the really frustrating part...I live in another city 15 miles from my Mom...my brother lives with her...he 'occasionally' has a license but doesn't have a car, my younger sister lives less than a mile from Mom but it seems she is always working, next door to her is my older sister who doesn't drive at all(thank goodness)...I have to get groceries for 3 households, plus the dr. appts for everyone...seems like I start to clean the room and someone has another "emergency"...I am 61, and this isn't the "Life" I ordered...lol...Naomi

just remember-just cause that phone rings don't mean ya gotta answer it. haha

I used to be that way, too, but finally realized that I was being used. We all have to learn to say no, and not be hurt by it. Sure feels good to be living my own life now!

LivelyLady 09-16-2011 06:09 PM

I'd love to finish by BOM, Henrietta Whiskers.

Old hen 09-16-2011 06:13 PM

Over the past several years, anytime I bought fabric for a quilt.........and the backing and binding.........I rolled it up on a fabric board. I now have 43 of them standing on my shelf, plus several kits in packages. It would be nice to finish one a month, but unless I quit shopping, I'll never catch up. :)

Montana Quilter 09-16-2011 06:14 PM

My brother and his wife recently separated, he has the kids thru the week(Faith-10, Troy-14), I want to make quilts for the three of them for Christmas. I'm hoping to do something a little more than just squares sewn together. Hoping to take a week off of work and have a marathon week of quilting and get as much done as possible. Ready to start now!