Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What are you doing this morning??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-doing-morning-t202433.html)

Ioftheneedle 10-06-2012 04:20 AM

I hope to work on a lap quilt for my husband. Outdoor print with deer, turkeys, quail and such. I'm trying to keep it a surprise. Now wondering what to put in the crockpot.

MamaBear61 10-06-2012 04:38 AM

Sounds like everyone is going to be busy today. I will be putting final preparations on tomorrow's menu for a family gathering (Canadian Thankgiving and celebrating October B'days for 2 grands) so no sewing room for me today except for putting things in their place and closing the door to keep the 6 grandchildren from rearranging it for me when they are here tomorrow :-)

GemState 10-06-2012 04:43 AM

One pf ,u best quilting friends and I are going to the grand opening of a GUESS WHAT??????????..........QUILT SHOP!!!
The shop is moving to another small town nearby and today is their big day!! It is going to be a beautiful day so what more could one ask for?

nanna-up-north 10-06-2012 04:51 AM

It sounds like all of you are going to be busy today.....me,too. I woke up to a dusting of snow here in the UP.... beautiful. .... wish I could just sit and enjoy..... but.. we are headed to a book sale and fiber fair this morning, then we'll come back home to watch football games and baseball games. I'll be working on a lap quilt for my great nephew as well.

I love those locker hooking rugs.... they make my ugly fabric disappear. I made one rug with a bear in the middle for our cabin and another rug is just lots of different fabrics. I'm planning on doing another one this winter with a fish in the center.... again to take to the cabin. But, I turn the outside edge in and do 4 rows all the way around. I don't have to make any kind of border that way.

You all go have a wonderful Saturday.

Chicca 10-06-2012 04:58 AM

I plan on quilting a lap quilt today and working on a cross stitch project along with doing some cleaning. Sure sounds like all of you have great projects/events planned for the day so have a great one!

patsynel 10-06-2012 05:02 AM

I will be going to JoAnn's with my shopping list, then a visit with Grandson. Back home to watch the game and do some sewing. No quilting today , working on jacket for myself and pjs for sister's Christmas gift.

Pam B 10-06-2012 05:09 AM

I love the rug, too! Will need to search out that book. Very busy day ahead for me...need to sweep and dust and run to grocery store. All 3 of our kids plus spouses/boyfriend will be here this afternoon to watch college football and then to have a weinie roast. I also will try to sneak a little time to work on my American Beauty quilt.

SharonTheriault 10-06-2012 05:21 AM

I'd like to know what the ruler method of folding is too. Can someone tell us how it's done? I'm working on organizing my sewing room and found a couple of unfinished projects to work on. Don't know what I'm going to do today, but after 5 cloudy, rainy days, it's a beautiful morning to enjoy.

franc36 10-06-2012 05:22 AM

Great organization! I love your latch hook rug! I'm on my way to my sewing room to pin together a quilt sandwich. I need to get it off my cutting table as I want to start working on tracing the pattern and getting my fabric cut for an appliqued Autumn BOM. Hopefully, I can finish the pinning this morning and start on the BOM this afternoon. Guess it will be Monday before I start doing the quilting on the quilt I am pinning. Wish me luck. Today I need it.

Sunnye 10-06-2012 05:58 AM

Visiting my son in Charlotte for his 25th birthday!