Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why must he always rain on my parade.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-must-he-always-rain-my-parade-t21489.html)

MadQuilter 06-17-2009 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by OHSue
My husband comes home from work, I say 'aren't these gorgeous colors' and he agrees.

Well that's something.

Odds are your timing was off too. He just came home from work looking to relax and have a bite to eat and here you come drag him out of that box wanting him to have a creative vision. lol

JJs 06-17-2009 08:10 PM

well, I must be the exception and so is DH - who had two years of Art in high school and I value his input when I get stuck for color choices....

of course, he also drives me to the quilt/fabric shops

no, you can't have him..... 8)

beachy 06-17-2009 08:40 PM

My hubby doesn't know what clashes and what doesn't....BUT I always chatter away about my quilting and show him color schemes and he always acts interested!! He actually helped me with fabric design for a table runner and had good ideas. I know he "really" doesn't care, but he cares because of me. :D He will spend lots of time in a quilt shop letting me browse around....but don't take him in a grocery store!!!

He really is a sweety! And always compliments me on my work, especially my stitches!!

Tippy 06-17-2009 10:19 PM

OK.. I'm in the minority here I can see.. My roommate is actually quite helpful when I'm in a dilemma. Although he prefers blues and black to wear himself, he does have a good.. and progressive sense of color and combinations.. he's the one that picked out the "shaded" black in my kaleidoscope star (purple and black) quilt.. for the background.. I was going to go with solid pitch black.. and the one he picked added a nice soft touch to it. He's awesome.. and he is available ladies....<wink> Nope..we're JUST roommates. or perhaps housemates is a better word.

SulaBug 06-17-2009 10:34 PM

My DH is one of those brown & beige color persons, too!!
He does have a good eye for color, if you like brown's.
But I must say that he is very supportive of the things
that I create!! :D :D :D :D :D

kluedesigns 06-17-2009 10:41 PM

don't ask him any more.

brown is a neutral and goes with any color.

lucky for me my DH is an artist too and i value his suggestions.

buggalugs 06-17-2009 11:35 PM

OHSUe I am sorry he deflated your ballooon. :( I know exactly what you mean. You come home on a real high wanting to share your happiness and excitement :mrgreen: and you have your balloon popped. :(
Yes we KNOW we didn't ought to bother because he has done it a thousand times before, but we still do......... oh well sweetheart at least if you post your choices on here we can all oooh and ahhh over them :D that way you can feel happy about your project again.
Wonderful ladies you have in your LQS :D
I for one can't wait to see :)
JAcqui

reneebobby 06-18-2009 02:03 AM

Mine I ask and he says nice and when it's in a quilt he loves it even more. He's alittle different he loves bold colors mostly mauve. :shock:

beachlady 06-18-2009 02:15 AM

My DH is a wonderful guy, but when it comes to quilting - forget it. Remember when we were doing the mystery totes and they were jars? Got one side done and showed it to him and he thought it looked like a toilet seat!! As for colors, I don't ask. You women with artistic hubbys are very lucky!! He loves my finish projects and sleeps in the car while I fabric shop, so guess I should not complain!!!

quiltwoman 06-18-2009 02:23 AM

I totally understand. I live with the man who asks me if his pants match his shirt 3 out of 5 days. I have also tried to explain that when you wear blue pants, wear blue socks. Tan pants?? He just can't figure it out! :lol: