Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why now!?!?!?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-now-t176281.html)

MarthaT 01-20-2012 05:55 AM

Why now!?!?!?!

My daughter wants quilts blocks available at her wedding for guests to sign and make a signature quilt with. Yesterday I got about 1/4 of the way into piecing them and something happened to by dear work-horse Bernina 930. I wasn't even sewing and heard a small snap and smoke started coming out of the motor area. I quickly unplugged everything and the smoke soon quit. So I'm headed to the repair shop (one hour away) this morning. Anything like this happened to your machines?

Not only do I have the quilt blocks to finish before Feb. 11. I need to do some alterations on most of the bridesmaid dresses, hem the brides, make ring bearer pillows, etc. Grrr!!! Why didn't it wait 'til I was finished with this stuff! Fortunately I have a sewing friend with an extra machine to loan me, but I like working on MINE! Wish me well!

MarthaT 01-20-2012 05:56 AM

I'm SSSOOOOOOO thankful I was sitting at the machine when it happened. If I had been in the kitchen checking dinner, who knows what would have happened. Thank God for His protection!

wuv2quilt 01-20-2012 06:01 AM

Bless your heart. I'm soooo glad you were there to catch it in time. {{{{{HUGS}}}} and blessings to you :)

lillybeck 01-20-2012 06:04 AM

Absolutely thank the Lord for his protection. I also am glad you were sitting there. My machine is acting up and I am trying to finish a baby quilt for TOMORROW. I guess I need to get a backup machine.

Kazahleenah 01-20-2012 06:05 AM

Things always seem to happen at the most inopportune moment!
I hope it's something that can be fixed fairly ealy (cheaply).

Look at it this way... it's one more memory for the wedding scrapbook!! :)

lillybeck 01-20-2012 06:07 AM

I too thank the Lord you were sitting there. I think I need to get a backup machine because it seems that every time I am on a timetable mine chooses to act up. It is nice that you have a friend close to loan you another.

sahm4605 01-20-2012 06:26 AM

you are deffinatly blessed have been able to catch it. maybe you can get a loaner machine while yours is in the shop.

Val in IN 01-20-2012 06:46 AM

And some people wonder why some of us "need" more than one machine! :D So sorry about your sick baby, but thank goodness you caught it and it wasn't an even more tragic loss!

CarrieC 01-20-2012 06:47 AM

WOW He was watching over you - if it HAD to break and smoke, thank God you were right there to hopefully minimize the damage.

I hope your baby's doctor can fix it for you today!!!! Good luck.

mhansen6 01-20-2012 06:55 AM

Oh dear. This happened to me also. I was putting the binding on my nephew's wedding quilt and my trusty Pfaff started smoking then just seized up. The motor has seized up and there was nothing to do to fix it. The repairman told me it was a boat anchor. So I had to buy a new one. Oh darn! I got a new Pfaff Creative 4.0. I love this machine. I do miss my old machine because it had such memories attached to it. I sewed all my daughter's clothes and costumes on that machine.