Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why now!?!?!?! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-now-t176281.html)

quilter in the making 01-21-2012 05:19 AM

Glad your story has a good outcome and you will be able to continue with all your projects. My main machine broke right before Christmas and now my backup machine broke the other night. For now I am without any working machine. Unfortunately both of my machines are Babylock embroidery machines and both are out of warranty, so I have no clue how much it's going to cost me to have them repaired or if they are capable of being repaired. Am looking into a new machine to be used for my quilting so that I can reserve the Babylocks to embroidery work, but not sure I can convince DH I need an additional machine. I bought my Babylocks prior to our marriage so he had no input. Congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding!

slstitcher 01-21-2012 05:43 AM

My machine went to the repair shop yesterday. It quit the last day of our retreat. I feel kinda lost. I don't have a backup. Might have to clean house instead of sewing.

SunlitenSmiles 01-21-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by slstitcher (Post 4895410)
My machine went to the repair shop yesterday. It quit the last day of our retreat. I feel kinda lost. I don't have a backup. Might have to clean house instead of sewing.

Bite your tongue !!!!!!! if our vacummes hear that they will sabatage our darling sewing machines

HollyDav 01-21-2012 06:17 AM

I love a happy ending!

WMUTeach 01-21-2012 06:35 AM

I would suggest that you ..... phone a friend or a group of friends to get some help! What better way to build relationships and have a bit of fun that to accept the help of a fellow quilter or two. Think olden days when women gathered for work days, quilting bees and spring cleaning parties. I'd come but Alabama and Michigan are much more than next door neighbors. Tee-Hee!

DMotyl 01-21-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kazahleenah (Post 4892502)
Things always seem to happen at the most inopportune moment!
I hope it's something that can be fixed fairly easily (cheaply).
't
Look at it this way... it's one more memory for the wedding scrapbook!! :)

I had a similar situation for a quilt for a friend who had pancreatic cancer. I was able to get my machine repaired temporarily to complete the quilt but did have to replace it. I hope yours is easily fixed as it was thru no fault of your own.

We'd love to see pics of the gowns and the signature blocks. Sounds beautiful!!

valleyquiltermo 01-21-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by slstitcher (Post 4895410)

This is why most of us have several machines, cleaning house is just not so fun.

sandy l 01-21-2012 07:43 AM

It's called Murphy's Law:(

chaskaquilter 01-21-2012 07:53 AM

Oh, I can feel your stress. Glad you were there to catch it before something worse happened. Hope you get all the things done that need to be done on time and that you will be able to enjoy the wonderful moment of your daughters marriage.

margecam52 01-21-2012 08:36 AM

Hope it's something simple, like a short that can be fixed quickly.