Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wip-ufo-challenge-you-game-t85621.html)

michelehuston 05-21-2011 12:20 PM

Sorry..was quilting until abut 1 am and stumbled off to bed. I guess I enjoy hand quilting and I know it takes lots and lots of practice to machine quilt, but you may convince me yet!! Going to get back to typing a paper in a few minutes then plan on quilting some more!! :D

By the way..love your quilt!!

MaryAnna 05-21-2011 03:33 PM

Well Michele, do what you love to do...hand quilting is a wonderful art and a stress reliever (I hear).....it just takes time.

I'm planning on tackling my next project....hmmm, so many to choose from a daunting task to say the least!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

kateyb 05-21-2011 08:30 PM

Mary Anna, Love your quilt.
Didn't get as far as I wanted to. Will post pictures when completed in a day or so.

sonisew 05-25-2011 08:28 AM

love the quilt! I have not posted picture of my completed UFOs for a couple months.

I had to put my UFOs on hold. I am making a quilt for our family reunion and have been working on that for a while. the quilt is almost completed. I will post picture of my completed UFOs tonight if i get a chance. :-)

kateyb 06-04-2011 09:32 AM

Haven't posted any pics because the UFOs I was working on were having operator trouble. So I did the block for our outgoing president instead. Needed a break from the frustration. Here's where to find it. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-127981-1.htm

Kyiav10 06-10-2011 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
I am planning on not buying too much fabric this year. I would like to only work on my ongoing projects.

I have a few tops, some already sandwhiched, to be quilted. I also have some piecing projects.

I want to focus on some projects this year and not purchase.

Here is my list.

1. Star Struck (currently quilting)
2. 4th of July (top)
3. OBW (sandwhiched ready to quilt)
4. Log Cabin (top)
5. Blue block quilt (sandwhiched ready to quilt)
6. Floral Quilt (blocks)
7. Bargello (partly pieced)
8. Pin Wheel (HST's done)
9. Fall blocks (from swap)
10. Butterfly blocks (leftover from other quilt)
11. Warm Wishes (piecing project)
12. OBW 2 (piecing project)
13. Diagonal Strip quilt (only have fabric bought)
14. String Quilt (piecing project)
15. Breast Cancer blocks (from swap)

Numbers 1, 14, 13, 3 are my plans for this year. My sister also requested a baby quilt that I think I will use number 6 for.

Kyia

Ok... I am almost done quilting #1. The binding is ready to go as soon as the quilting is done. Hope to have it done before July.

Started quilting #3. I am doind a meandering stitch by hand. Really excited about it.

I used up some of the left over #6 for two baby quilts. Enough left for a small wall hanging that I will whip up for a donation quilt.

Not as far on #14 that I would like to be. Have to work on it more on my days off.

Hope all are doing well with their goals!

Kyia

MaryAnna 06-11-2011 09:12 AM

I am planning on not buying too much fabric this year. I would like to only work on my ongoing projects.

I have a few tops, some already sandwhiched, to be quilted. I also have some piecing projects.

I want to focus on some projects this year and not purchase.

Here is my list.

1. Star Struck (currently quilting)
2. 4th of July (top)
3. OBW (sandwhiched ready to quilt)
4. Log Cabin (top)
5. Blue block quilt (sandwhiched ready to quilt)
6. Floral Quilt (blocks)
7. Bargello (partly pieced)
8. Pin Wheel (HST's done)
9. Fall blocks (from swap)
10. Butterfly blocks (leftover from other quilt)
11. Warm Wishes (piecing project)
12. OBW 2 (piecing project)
13. Diagonal Strip quilt (only have fabric bought)
14. String Quilt (piecing project)
15. Breast Cancer blocks (from swap)

Numbers 1, 14, 13, 3 are my plans for this year. My sister also requested a baby quilt that I think I will use number 6 for.

Kyia

Ok... I am almost done quilting #1. The binding is ready to go as soon as the quilting is done. Hope to have it done before July.

Started quilting #3. I am doind a meandering stitch by hand. Really excited about it.

I used up some of the left over #6 for two baby quilts. Enough left for a small wall hanging that I will whip up for a donation quilt.

Not as far on #14 that I would like to be. Have to work on it more on my days off.

Hope all are doing well with their goals!

Kyia

Good job Kyia! Keep whittling that list down! Don't forget to post pics when done, we all like to ooooh and ahhhh at the finished masterpieces!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna 06-11-2011 09:15 AM

Big news.....I'm going part time in my 2nd job, the retail one....whew, 37 -40 hrs a week of retail is too much for a 2nd job! My first one, freelance real estate paralegal, is getting busier and pretty steady so that's good news. Maybe one day I can just work 1 job again. Meanwhile, I should have more time to work on my list of projects! Yea!

Blessings,
MaryAnna

kateyb 06-12-2011 09:38 AM

MaryAnna,
Glad you will have more free time for quilting. I've been doing gardening. My yard is such a mess so want to get it under control this summer. Have a bag for my daughter almost done. Will post pics in a few days.

michelehuston 06-13-2011 05:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just got this back from LA today. Is for one of my dgd, just not sure which one will get it yet!