Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-you-quilter-when-t1098.html)

mpeters1200 09-01-2007 01:53 PM

You know, that little scanning gun they use to plug in the fabric measurements at Wally World.

tia sarah 09-01-2007 05:46 PM

oh, now i know. thanks tia sarah

lin 09-01-2007 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Queen
You know you're a quilter when you jump in the car to drive 35 miles one way to hit a sale of fabric 50% off and don't even think about the price of gas. Did that last Saturday and only bought 19 yards.

Mary

Ummmm...I just did the same thing, and it wasn't even as much as 50%. :oops: I did only get 13 yards though. LOL My SIL needs a quilt, and he's a good guy so it was worth it. :)

lin 09-01-2007 05:58 PM

I was a SAHM too mpeters, and it was frustrating sometimes to want to sew, sew, sew, but instead I knew they needed me to be there paying attention to them, so I did what I could, when I could. There are days now when I know I'm blessed to have the time to do whatever I want with my quilting, but at odd moments, I miss the patter of their little feet so bad I just sit and cry.

Sorry, didn't mean to be a downer here. But I miss them so bad sometimes. My youngest left home two years ago. But he just got married in July, so I'm kinda going through the whole "empty nest" thing all over again. Not sure I understand why. LOL

Betty Ruth 09-01-2007 06:18 PM

Perhaps you'll be hearing the pitter-patter of a grandchild's feet in a year or so. As I've heard it said, "If I knew how much fun grandchildren were, I'd had them first." Don't know how one could manage that, but it's an interesting thought.

Peggy McFadden 09-01-2007 08:42 PM

after reading all of these, I now know why quilters have so much fun, just maybe we are all at least a little crazy, but more likely we have learned to enjoy life.

lin 09-01-2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Betty Ruth
Perhaps you'll be hearing the pitter-patter of a grandchild's feet in a year or so. As I've heard it said, "If I knew how much fun grandchildren were, I'd had them first." Don't know how one could manage that, but it's an interesting thought.

Oh I hear their pitter-patter all the time. I have twelve at the moment. :) I just really miss having the noise and mayhem of my own sometimes! LOL I've heard that saying, and it's so true!

Steve 09-02-2007 12:09 AM

You know you are a quilter when the folks at Joanne's know you by your first name. :roll:

mpeters1200 09-02-2007 04:50 AM

That's great....or if those same girls from JoAnn's also want to know if it's for your stash, or if you have a project planned....then you are sitting at the table, taking up a place in line, chatting about your next quilt.

Steve 09-02-2007 08:52 AM

The last clerk remembered me and asked how the Hawaiian quilt was getting on. Spooky 'cause I don't remember telling her about it. Do you suppose they talk about us behind our backs? :shock: