Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Markers

Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Markers

I have a pkg. of 8 Prismacolor .05 markers and need to know if they work on fabric as well as paper. I do not want to open the package to test them; if they are inappropriate for fabric, I can return them, unopened, to the store. Everything I read about them only mentions how well they work on paper.

If you know if these will or will not be good for drawing on fabric, please share. Thank you. I have Inktense pencils for the broader coloring, but need fine point line-drawing pens.

are they acid free and permenent? archival quality? that is what you want to look for in fabric markers.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I also have a package of 8 of them. I've used them to make quilt labels. They work just fine and are permanent. I always heat set them.

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    good to know...i always buy the ones that say 'fabric' but there aren't as many colors.... will have to look for these...

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    are they acid free and permenent? archival quality? that is what you want to look for in fabric markers.
    Yes, they are all those things, but now I'm concerned about the size. For fine lines on tiny applique, I'm thinking I probably should have .005.