Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Problems when Embroidering >

Problems when Embroidering

Problems when Embroidering

Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 AM

I have a simular machine and was having same problem then found out that I needed to have finer thread in the bobbin and that seemed to make a difference.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 AM

Did it hop out of the take up leaver?
Old 07-11-2011, 06:49 AM

I just read the reviews on your model--they are very good. I noted that your presser foot lift has 2 heights....are you letting it down ALL the way? Also, have you dropped the bobbin in with thread going wrong way around? I have an Elna that the thread ABSOLUTELY HAS to! make a little clicking sound when it is seated thru the bobbin "threader" (when you drag the thread thru the slots on bottom).
Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Thanks guys!!! I figured it out. The lever where the bobbin case sits was not low enough. It must have somehow bent up when it jammed. So I put it down and the bobbin case is staying in place and is definitely not as loud!! I do have to buy a new bobbin case though because the needle hit it so hard that it left a hole on the edge, where the thread is catching now!!!
I found one at Jennys Sewing Studio. I have to say she definitely has a quick email response time for any questions. Not like Singer themselves!!! I called them and was on hold for over a half hour. I emailed them and they never responded either!!! Ugghh I figured they are a big enough company they would have good customer service! Anyways, check out her website. Just her response time alone for a question on the part was impeccable!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:08 PM

Are you using the proper bobbin? There are a couple different size bobbins for Singer machines. If you use the wrong size...you will get the rattling...bending the spring..you may need a new bobbin case. You should not have to adjust any parts like that. Best take her in for servicing.

Originally Posted by COTOCOTI
Ok, so this is a little difficult. I have a brand new singer stylist 7258. Top loading bobber. The bobbin case started to rattle when I went to a higher speed, not much faster by the way. So after long extensive research I found a place that it shows the bobbin wasnt hitting the spring. So I adjusted that. Now the rattling is gone. Ok, great right? NOooo, now every time I start to do a straight stitch the darn thing bird nests underneath. I have cleaned out everything and thread the machine 50 times and now am about to throw it out the window...my needs are good, yes, changed them three times, my string is the same Ive been using, same weight, same type, cotton. My material is also the same, yes there is stabilizer and the right one. Anybody have any clues how to fix this?? I think Ive tried everything and where the machine is only a couple of months old I really dont want to bring to a repair guy already!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM

correct size bobbin and the correct thread in the bobbin...if the top thread is a different weight than the bottom it may cause problems too. good luck with your fix it job.