Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: that purple thang

I love my Purple Thang! Great for using like a stiletto, running ribbon in a casing, and I even use it to hold up my hair when I have a power surge!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Thanks uall I had a pretty good ideal how to use it but uall put so many other ways also.it was just one of those things I thought I had to have. Iam glad I did

I have one of those. I know you can use it to remove those little white bits of leftover paper when peicing. The slit is to run a ribbon through so you can hang it around your neck and keep it close at hand. It works great as a stilletto. I'm not sure what else but I just had to have one to because it was purple.
    Tammy

Life Is A Banquet and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving!

Power Poster
    I never thought I'd use mine but boy it's handy. I use it to push out corners, hold down the 1/4 inch seam allowances at intersections, help turn tiny objects inside out, the 1/4 inch gauge is handy....I did thread a piece of ribbon through the hole to hang it up and so it doesn't get lost.

Banned
    It was invented by Lynn Graves of Chama, NM for just the uses you describe. She likes purple.

I use it for pushing out corners and ends. I thing you can use it also to thread laces and elastic in things

I love my Purple Thang! It sits beside my sewing machine, right next to my little sharp scissors. I reach for it all the time, even use it to pick fuzz of my foot. The foot the sewing machine that is ... I keep finding uses for it!

My purple thing is right beside my sewing machine all the time, along with my snippets!! Love both.
    Dina

I picked up one, and have already used mine for pushing out corners. I can see many uses for it. I also like purple.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

Blog Entries
    I bought one a couple of years ago - and now I need to find it and sounds like it will be a great tool.
    Quilting in the Desert

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast