Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Queen of Stitching EZ Build blocks >

Queen of Stitching EZ Build blocks

Queen of Stitching EZ Build blocks

Old 01-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by nvb50 View Post
You would be better off spending money on the Accuquilt Go. Use the cutter and then sew together
I know. I have the Go. It's just that I wanted to know if anyone had tried them to disuade me from spending all that money, LOL. (I guess I'm just a collector).
Old 01-13-2017, 05:28 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565554[/ATTACH]I got one from Nancy Notions that has about 10 different blocks in different sizes. thinking it was around $30. This was the crazy quilt block I just finished for a friends chemo quilt.
Attached Thumbnails quilting-sport-003.jpg  

Last edited by kyquiltlover1942; 01-13-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by klarina View Post
I know. I have the Go. It's just that I wanted to know if anyone had tried them to disuade me from spending all that money, LOL. (I guess I'm just a collector).
My HST's are MUCH better with the GO! cutter!!
I also have the Tri-Rec's equivalent die that I used extensively in the latest Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt (I was a dismal failure with the actual Tri-Rec's rulers).

I also have an embroidery machine, and have looked at the Queen of Stitching stuff before... but was not impressed. For that kind of cost, I prefer purchasing the Anita GoodDesign embroidery patterns. She has several that are QAYG method, they're actually not only pieced in the hoop, but QUILTED in the hoop as well - then all you have to do is join the blocks.

I have one that is a Mariners Compass that is on my bucket list to finish before I die. But considering how many things are on that list, I'll probably surpass Methuselah in age before I finish everything!!
Old 01-13-2017, 09:43 AM

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but why would you go through these steps when there are other less expensive ways of accomplishing the same thing?
I would not invest this much money on this.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Clmay View Post
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but why would you go through these steps when there are other less expensive ways of accomplishing the same thing?
I would not invest this much money on this.

Just my opinion.
You are more than welcome to rain in my parade, I need someone to make think twice before ditching all that money. LOL.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by kyquiltlover1942 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565554[/ATTACH]I got one from Nancy Notions that has about 10 different blocks in different sizes. thinking it was around $30. This was the crazy quilt block I just finished for a friends chemo quilt.
That looks like something I would like to try. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:14 PM

My HST's are MUCH better with the GO! cutter!!
I also have the Tri-Rec's equivalent die that I used extensively in the latest Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt (I was a dismal failure with the actual Tri-Rec's rulers).

-------------Do you have the die number for the Tri-Recs the size of Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt? I want to buy it.

I also have an embroidery machine, and have looked at the Queen of Stitching stuff before... but was not impressed. For that kind of cost, I prefer purchasing the Anita GoodDesign embroidery patterns. She has several that are QAYG method, they're actually not only pieced in the hoop, but QUILTED in the hoop as well - then all you have to do is join the blocks.

----------------I have a couple of Anita GoodDesign Mix and Match Quilting CDs. You're right they are not as expensive and you get more for your money.

I have one that is a Mariners Compass that is on my bucket list to finish before I die. But considering how many things are on that list, I'll probably surpass Methuselah in age before I finish everything!!

----------------Mariners Compass is way too much out of my skills. But I admire people brave enough to make it. Good luck to you with your projects.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:58 PM

The die# that matches Bonnie's MQ is 55027 (finishes at 3"0
http://www.accuquilt.com/shop/go-tri...ed-square.html

There is also a smaller one, #55410, this one finishes at 2".
And there is a larger one, #55409, that finishes at 4".

On my Mariner's Compass, I've put myself on the "Fabric Moratorium", so my colors won't be the same as what's in the pattern... I really DO need to dig in my stash and see what I have already that will work instead of buying fabric.

Since you said you needed someone to "make me think twice before ditching all that money", here's me telling you to think four or five times. Don't waste your money on that method!! The Accuquilt dies really ARE the better choice.

I know some people think there's a lot of waste with the dies, but... when I cut inaccurately, and it's SO BAD that there's no way to salvage it, I've wasted MORE than if I had used the die. If I'm doing an entire quilt (like the Mystery Quilt), then I use the dies constantly. If it's something smaller (like the Moda Frivols that came out last year), then I just use my regular rulers and rotary cutter.

Just my 2 cents worth, anyway...

Last edited by letawellman; 01-13-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:05 PM

that is a lot of heavy, dense embroidery. also a lot of thread, usually done on heavier fabric than quilters cotton
Old 01-14-2017, 06:05 PM

Thank you Leta.
I just bought the Accuquilt die for the MQ.
I'm paying attention to your wise words.
I promise I won't buy the QS embroidery set block. And I promise I'll behave.
(At least until I find myself lusting after a new toy LOL).
Hugs.