Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Craftsy classes >

Question about Craftsy classes

Question about Craftsy classes

Old 11-08-2014, 05:00 AM

I recently signed up for Leah Day's class. If you go to her website first you can get the class for $14.99. I've watched a few episodes and am very pleased.

I was not real happy with that free class about sewing machine feet. But it was free, so I just stopped watching LOL

This morning I just posted on Facebook about Craftsy because I'm so happy with the site. It is tempting to sign up for a lot of classes but I keep telling myself to work through one before I sign up for more
Old 11-08-2014, 05:14 AM

I have at least 6 classes that I have either bought or were free You can watch them anytime 24/7 and never loose them they will always be in Your Craftsy. I get at least 2 emails a week with their offers and I don't have anything in my wish list. That being said "All businesses online Track Your Likes" they are not stalking you. FB is the worst for tracking your likes and that is what you will see as advertising on your FB page.
I wouldn't worry about it but there is a way in your internet options on how to stop tracking you'd have to talk to a Computer person. though.
There classes are wonderful. I hope you enjoy them without the worry of being stalked.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:10 PM

I notice you will get more sales the more you buy and sale prices are different depending on what you buy and how often. the sales are very frequent if you are a regular
Old 11-08-2014, 03:13 PM

I also like to add if you visit the instructors personal websites, most have discounts on their classes so you don't always have to wait for a sale
Old 11-08-2014, 03:16 PM

Interesting subject. I joined Craftsy and signed up for a free class as a "test". Only saw part of it , but it looks like an easy way to take a class. I'll have to remember about their sales.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:36 PM

I wasn't wild about the sewing machine feet freebie either I guess since I didn't finish it but I will probably go back to it...at International Quilt Festival last week I bought Creative Feet - a set of 3 feet- and I want to play with those so will be watching her dvd.

I've, um, purchased 'enough' classes I think LOL - but they were all on sale I think. several were 14.99 and some were 19.99 or 24.99 for one seems like. all have been good what I've watched of them. of all the freebies I've watched I think the knife essentials is really good.unfortunately his other class available for a price I won't be likely to take- chopping off fish heads and all that - ick! didn't seem to be anything in it that appeals to me but I'll check back periodically. the stir fry class was good. I like the one with the creative walking foot and watched parts of flexible log cabins, playful piecing, and one about small space vegetable gardening. I watched all of the stir fry class and will watch it again - it's pretty good IMO. tonight I was watching part of the Playful Piecing one and wow some of the commenters shocked me - someone was a tad critical about the instructor saying 'um' a lot and people jumped her. I also thought it was annoying after about 20 minutes of it but...then another nicely mentioned the voice dropping low like she was mumbling and so many people jumped her about turning up her volume. gosh I had noticed the same thing - she wasn't saying anything necessary but still having to blast the speakers just to hear the mumbling...when I finish the class and leave a review I think I should mention both these things because they could be a make it or break it deal for some people - I find her refreshing and non-intimidating so I can handle it but I didn't plunk down $40 for the class either - it was 14.99 - and I'm getting enough out of it but still...

I'm wanting to get back to the creative walking foot class but need to make some practice sandwiches or pull out my quilt that's ready to quilt and clear some table space! she went farther than I care to go LOL but some helpful informtion.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:53 AM

I get these ads but have not visited the site, you have inspired me to check it out. I may not be able to take a lot of them but we can always learn from others.

Last edited by psychonurse; 11-09-2014 at 03:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-09-2014, 06:30 AM

I have taken Craftsy classes since July 11. Needless to say, I have over 100 of all different kinds. They have even given me Free ones and I could pick any one. Most classes I have loved. Those I didn't I promptly returned . Try to watch a portion right away to see if you want to keep it. I have learned so much from Craftsy. Most I get are under $20 unless it is a sewing with the pattern included.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 AM

OK, now I don't feel bad about signing up for cake decorating LOL!!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:22 AM

I had signed up for a class $40.00 , sewing party what a bummer, did any one else ?