View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 11:36 PM
quilt938

I wasn't wild about the sewing machine feet freebie either I guess since I didn't finish it but I will probably go back to it...at International Quilt Festival last week I bought Creative Feet - a set of 3 feet- and I want to play with those so will be watching her dvd.

I've, um, purchased 'enough' classes I think LOL - but they were all on sale I think. several were 14.99 and some were 19.99 or 24.99 for one seems like. all have been good what I've watched of them. of all the freebies I've watched I think the knife essentials is really good.unfortunately his other class available for a price I won't be likely to take- chopping off fish heads and all that - ick! didn't seem to be anything in it that appeals to me but I'll check back periodically. the stir fry class was good. I like the one with the creative walking foot and watched parts of flexible log cabins, playful piecing, and one about small space vegetable gardening. I watched all of the stir fry class and will watch it again - it's pretty good IMO. tonight I was watching part of the Playful Piecing one and wow some of the commenters shocked me - someone was a tad critical about the instructor saying 'um' a lot and people jumped her. I also thought it was annoying after about 20 minutes of it but...then another nicely mentioned the voice dropping low like she was mumbling and so many people jumped her about turning up her volume. gosh I had noticed the same thing - she wasn't saying anything necessary but still having to blast the speakers just to hear the mumbling...when I finish the class and leave a review I think I should mention both these things because they could be a make it or break it deal for some people - I find her refreshing and non-intimidating so I can handle it but I didn't plunk down $40 for the class either - it was 14.99 - and I'm getting enough out of it but still...

I'm wanting to get back to the creative walking foot class but need to make some practice sandwiches or pull out my quilt that's ready to quilt and clear some table space! she went farther than I care to go LOL but some helpful informtion.