Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Craftsy classes >

Question about Craftsy classes

Question about Craftsy classes

Old 11-07-2014, 05:33 PM

Default Question about Craftsy classes

I'm relatively new to Craftsy classes- I created an account a while back and enrolled in a freebie class about sewing machine feet that I didn't get all the way through then sorta forgot about the site until several facebook friends had posts and the other day a class caught my eye and I started browsing and ended up with a couple of machine quilting classes - about half through one and it's been a good one - and of course I added about a dozen or so more to my wishlist then ended up getting a stir fry class that showed up on their facebook page as being on sale (it's good by the way LOL!) but today I notice about 1/3 or more of the classes on my wishlist are suddenly on sale - one was on their fb page then noticed the others- one is $5 more than half price and the others are half price.

I guess I'm wondering if they're 'stalking' my wishlist and how often sales like this come up. some of these I would go ahead and get if the sale wasn't often but some I know I won't be ready for for a while. the one I"m eyeballing now is a small space gardening one ....and when I went to my wishlist I noticed one of Jenny Doan's is on sale, another scrap class, and Nancy Smith I think that's her name- the one from Possibilities. $15 and $20 isn't a lot of money but it kinda adds up with 4-5 classes....
Old 11-07-2014, 05:34 PM

they run sales often. just watch and you will almost always get a sale if you are patient.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:38 PM

They do run sales every couple of months. I wait till the ones I want are 50% off--and it doesn't seem that I have to wait very long!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:43 PM

ok thanks! so I'm likely to have the same classes come up half off again right?!
btw there's a freebie class on knife skills(under cooking LOL!) and so far it's really good- never knew I was using a knife completely wrong!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:54 PM

I never pay more than $19.99 for a Craftsy class. Eventually, the quilting classes get to that price. I had so wanted to take Kimberly Einmo's latest class; but the sale price was not that low. Yesterday, I found a link to the class for $19.99 on Leah Day's web site. Naturally, I signed up. I was so excited! I'm a real Kimberly Einmo fan.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:41 PM

I'll have to look into that one..I got one about quilting with a walking foot and it's pretty good (she's actually exceeded what I can even think of attempting LOL!), the wok stir-fry class with Grace Young(pretty good and I've always been curious about stir fry), and a freebie about knife skills that is worth $- I put his other class on my wishlist 'cause it's still a bit pricey.

I also have a couple of other quilting ones- start machine quilting and quilting on small machine I think are the subjects. I'd lke Strip Your Stash, Scrap Quilting (both are 14.99 right now) vegetable gardening small space solutions is 19.99 . there's a machine finished hand applique but dont think I'm up for that right now...

wow that magical blocks by einmo looks neat!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:13 PM

I was looking at the Angela Waters class and thinking it might make a nice Christmas present! I'm hoping a holiday sale will come up!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:15 PM

I'm just hoping I can hold off and not end up with 50 classes LOL - I've been pretty good so far but it sure was tempting when all those classes on my wishlist ended up on sale today!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:33 PM

Decided I would buy my present early. Just checked out with my cart. I signed up for "Quilting Negative Space" with Angela Walters. So excited!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:47 PM

I shared that one with a friend Kristijoy - she does longarm quilting. I'm still getting through the walking foot class LOL!