Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: question about EYE SPY quilt

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I want to make my 4 yr old grandson one. Are all the blocks supposed to be different or can I have repeats? I only have about 8 different fabrics for it so far. his birthday is in dec so I have time still
    thanks
    cherri

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    Just my opinion, but I think the more the better! Hours can be spent looking!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    You can have repeats if you want. I've been saving for an I-spy and I'm trying to make each block different but it isn't easy. I've been collecting for over a year and I'm just about ready to start it.

I've seen it done with no repeats...and...I've seen it done where there are 2 of each. Kind of like a matching game...where it's a challenge to find the matching picture somewhere else in the quilt. It's totally up to you and your creativity as to how you want to do it.

http://quilt-knit-run-sew.blogspot.c...rt-3-of-3.html

This site has pictures of so many versions of I-Spy.....really fine-looking quilts. Take a look. :shock:

To me, a true I Spy quilt would either be all charms or have two of each fabric. but that's my opinion. A good way to add to your squares is to do an ad for a trade in the Classified/Trade thread. That is how I got so many different squares for the 2 I'm making.....

The objective of an I Spy is for the chlld to see how many objects they can find like in the I Spy books.

when you have repeats you can play games like (match game) scatter the repeats so you have to look to find them- lots of fun activities besides just eye spy--so- adding repeats just adds to the fun!

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I bought a slew of FQs from a company called Ethelbird and Eliza (no affiliation). They weren't cheap, but so unique and good, designer quality fabric. I've made 3 Eye Spy quilts with the variety of FQs I bought. I've also done a few swaps with other quilters (I'll do a swap with you!)
    Here's the link to Ethelbird:
    http://ethelbird.com/home.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron
    http://quilt-knit-run-sew.blogspot.c...rt-3-of-3.html

This site has pictures of so many versions of I-Spy.....really fine-looking quilts. Take a look. :shock:
    a lot of fine ideas there. thanks for the link

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast