Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about sewing machine....

Thanks so much this really helps alot!

I have also seen the recommendation to hammer the seams on jeans, and on quilts in some cases, to make the thicker seams easier for the machine to deal with.

A Janome DC2010 does really well on jeans for the price. I was very pleased with the performance. I usually don't have issues with feeding the fabric but the machine's ability to actually "sew" through all those layers. This one did it well.

[
    I totally agree. I sold the lowest price Viking to a guy to make sails for his boat--you just have to know how. a #18 jeans or top-stitch needle is great--they are extra sharpand strong. sew slowly, and use a tool called a hump-jumper, or a jean-a-ma-jig.

You can get a jean-a-ma-jig from Clotilde.
    I just got the Brother CS 6000. It is by far the best machine I have ever had--- but I have not hemmed jeans. My mom uses the jean-a-ma-jig a lot with her old work horse Kenmore machine and has had a lot of luck with it!

I don't think you can beat a Janome. Even the lightweight JemGold will sew heavyweight seams - like when I make denim bags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2