Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question about snowmen embroidery from charmingstation >

question about snowmen embroidery from charmingstation

question about snowmen embroidery from charmingstation

Old 01-02-2011, 08:40 PM

Hi,

I downloaded the snowmen embroidery patterns that someone posted about from charmingstation. I do not have an embroidery machine, except for my hands, but I loved the snowmen and they will work great for a quilt I am doing.

My question is, how do I decide how much to enlarge them? The ones I printed out today were just little and I want to use them in squares that are about 8". I thought they would also work on my border, just take a little more work.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 PM

keep enlarging until the right size
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM

Are you planing on using the titles that go with each snowman because if so I would not make the S.M. to large. With the words and S.M. in the same block it will be rather crowded.
I am thinking also that keeping the S.M. the same size as they are would be a great boarder but may pull your eye away from the main part of the quilt.
These are my ideas, I am sure you will come up with the perfect solution. Good luck!
I too have collected all of them but not yet started any projects yet.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 AM

I bought a set of those...12 snowmen of the month and I love them! They were embroidered on a machine in redwork. Overall stitching is 7" on 10" blocks of white. I joined them w/red, white and blue snowman fabric and added a pinwheel bottom w/star borders and a strip of red. Top is finished at 60" 66" but will add another 4'' w/backing. Hope that helps.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by lynn_z
I bought a set of those...12 snowmen of the month and I love them! They were embroidered on a machine in redwork. Overall stitching is 7" on 10" blocks of white. I joined them w/red, white and blue snowman fabric and added a pinwheel bottom w/star borders and a strip of red. Top is finished at 60" 66" but will add another 4'' w/backing. Hope that helps.
I haven't seen them yet but they sound adorable. If they are in a jpeg (pix) format, then when you print it up you normally do a custom size printing. The best way though might be to just go to a copier and experiment with enlarging until you get the desired affect you want.