Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever felt like this. >

Have you ever felt like this.

Have you ever felt like this.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:47 PM

I have long admired a quilt, it is on my avatar, I have been trying to collect the fabrics for it. Now for some reason I am not sure I like it as much. I have all the black and the solid pieces, just trying to get the asian fabrics for the lanterns. I am not excited about it now. By the way this will be my first quilt, I played around with some blocks and got half way around the world, on another one. I had bought some very inexpensive fabric and when I sewed it it looked cheap and you could see through it.
Have any of you ever felt like this.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I have.
Once a long time ago I made an Amish Trip Around the World- did a terrible job on it! I got so tired of looking at it that I sent it off to Goodwill and was happy to move on :)
Old 01-02-2011, 02:57 PM
pab

Been there!I made a crazy quilt I just thought I had to make.Took a couple of years to collect velvets,satins,etc.I donated the quilt to a charity for auction.& have never been sorry.It happens to all of us,jus tmove on to the next UFO. pab
Old 01-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Power Poster

Sometimes it helps to just box it up, move onto another project and then you will be ready to come back and finish this one :D:D:D
Old 01-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Been there, done that. I finally wadded it up and litterly threw it into the closet. Got it out several months later, finished it and I really don't like it but, I don't hate it like I did when I tossed it in there...
Old 01-02-2011, 03:12 PM

I sure had quilting ideas I was stoked about at first and after a while I wasn't. I've had it with the current quilt I am working on. I should of gotten it done before Christmas, but other stuff got in the way and I didn't meet my deadlines. I have also run into a lot of problems and it has made me go "What in the world am I doing?" Its very hard to get excited about a quilt that's troublesome.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:13 PM

When you feel that way its time to go on to another project for awhile. When you come back to it you may be in the mood for doing the original project. Or not. If you put your mind on other things for awhile you just might like it again later. If not you have all that lovely fabric to do somethng else with

I say put it away for 6 months, take it out again and if you still can think of nothing to do with it that makes you happy-throw it away, give it away or donate it. Move on and down look back!

When you feel that way its time to go on to another project for awhile. When you come back to it you may be in the mood for doing the original project. Or not. If you put your mind on other things for awhile you just might like it again later. If not you have all that lovely fabric to do something else with
Old 01-02-2011, 03:14 PM

When you feel that way its time to go on to another project for awhile. When you come back to it you may be in the mood for doing the original project. Or not. If you put your mind on other things for awhile you just might like it again later. If not you have all that lovely fabric to do something else with