Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever felt like this. >

Have you ever felt like this.

Have you ever felt like this.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Thank-you every-one, now I don't feel so bad, I will move on and find something else to concentrate on.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Linda Loo
I say put it away for 6 months........
Shoot, I've got ones I put away 20 years ago and still have unfinished. As far as I'm concerned, they are still good for several things:

1. A reminder of how far I've come and how my tastes have changed.
2. Something for one of my DDs to finish some day ....probably long after I'm gone, LOL
3. A stash from which to rob a piece of 'vintage-wanna-be fabric' if I have to repair some other damaged finished oldie.
4. A trade with someone if the guild has another "One's trash is another's treasure" trade day.
5. A White Elephant gift to some over-achiever!

Jan in VA
Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM

A reverse applique I worked on/off for over a year. Just last month I took one last look at it and just knew I didn't ever want to see it again....not even in my UFO pile!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Good advice above, Took me 20 yrs to finish an embroidered quilt. After I did the embroidery was sick of it. It is a one and only. Quilting requires lots of enthusiasm, if no fun-- don't do.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM

I have some perpetual UFO's. Can't bring myself to toss them and surely don't want to finish them. So, I've put them away. I think of how much I loved finding some UFO's from Mom and Ma-ma. Maybe one day a grandchild will discover one of my UFO's and be as excited. If not, oh well, they can toss 'em.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM

A quilt as you go Log Cabin done completely by hand. I realized that I could never sit still that long, so I turned the finished blocks into wall hangings and sold them at a church bazaar. I still have most of a entire bolt of chocolate brown broadcloth for the back and dust ruffle, etc. When I clean the sewing room, I'll post if it's still good.

I can't throw anything away, but I can give it away or repurpose it.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 PM
QM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pat P
Good advice above, Took me 20 yrs to finish an embroidered quilt. After I did the embroidery was sick of it. It is a one and only. Quilting requires lots of enthusiasm, if no fun-- don't do.
Agreed. Blankets are cheaper than quilts. We make quilts today because we want to, for pleasure. If it does not please you, maybe it is wrong for you. Some very lightwight fabric I bought way back when has been reduced to being foundations for scrappy quilts.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Decided to create a scrappy for one of my nephews and in the center of some of the plain blocks I attempted to sew circles ... they looked terrible ... but I was determined to finish what I started. I reduced the overall size of the quilt because I didn't like how it was turning out. Presented it to him on Christmas and he wrapped himself in it and said he loved orange (used orange fabric as backing). Couldn't ask for more. Encouraged him to use it for picnicing :lol: