Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question About "Merry Merry Snowmen"

Question About "Merry Merry Snowmen"

For those of you who are familiar with this pattern, it is nearly always done with red and tan. I have been wondering if anyone has seen it in any other colors. I would love to see pictures of this gorgeous quilt in blue or blue and green together. If you have links to sites with other colors, could you let me know? Thanks.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

i googled it and then hit images. Most were in red and tan, but a few came up done in blues and other colors.
    Patrice S

I found just two that were not red. I guess I will have to break down and make one myself.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

That is adorable - I love it !

Just my opinion, but if you are wanting to use blue and green instead of red and tan; I don't think it will work. Blue and green are in the same color family and I don't think you will have enough contrast. I guess it would work if you used light and darks for your contrast.
    Lisa

If you just purchase the pattern only you can use any fabric you want!
    I love those patterns!

I've made it with the French General fabrics recommended. I could see it done in teals and icy whites, maybe occasional pops of accent colors too. Let us know what you decide.

I'm going this in Red/Tan....... my friend is doing in Blues/Creams.....hers is stunning!

I looked it up too. I love the reds but I love read anything! I don't see why you can't use many different colors. Who says all cups are red, maybe a green one would be good. Why a red pick-up? They're not all red just because it's Christmas. I see blue sky with snowflakes, little bit of green, maybe even teal and yellow. Step out of the box. It is your quilt and it looks like it will take awhile. Do what pleases you!

Ohhhh...I love the black and ivory image I saw! Another one for the bucket list!!