Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for UK members >

Question for UK members

Question for UK members

Old 06-02-2015, 07:31 AM

This is the link for the Edinburgh Quilt Show. Be warned - we do things on a MUCH smaller scale here! The whole show is about the size of a gym hall, lol. Expect to pay $22-$23 per metre (39"). You might get a little cheaper in England. Most of the fabrics will be imported from the U.S.

You don't say how far north you're visiting, but if you're up this way, the one in Aberdeen (as already mentioned) is owned by a lady from Seattle. They also run a variety of classes and drop-ins. Machines can be hired (at no cost) if you fancied meeting some Scottish quilters
Old 06-02-2015, 09:01 AM

Hi, you'll have a wonderful time in Edinburgh :-).

The Linlithgow shop is only 20 minutes away on the train, so I'd highly recommend a day-trip there if you can fit it in to your schedule :-).

Linlithgow is a very small town, the train station is only a few minutes walk from the shop, and a few minutes further is 'Lithgae' Palace, home of Mary Queen of Scots, so if you are into history it's a fantastic place to visit.

And to echo Knitette's suggestions, I am in Edinburgh far too frequently lol, and would be happy to meet up with you, should you wish to meet a local....

Cheers, K
Old 06-03-2015, 08:03 AM

Siodoch,

We have no plans once we get there except to go and see whatever we want. Love history, so will definitely be interested in seeing all Edinburgh and surrounding area has to offer.

Would love to meet up with you while we are there. I can send you a PM as soon as I know for sure what days we will be there, to see what times would work for you.

Sandra
Old 06-03-2015, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P View Post
Siodoch,

We have no plans once we get there except to go and see whatever we want. Love history, so will definitely be interested in seeing all Edinburgh and surrounding area has to offer.

Would love to meet up with you while we are there. I can send you a PM as soon as I know for sure what days we will be there, to see what times would work for you.

Sandra
Sounds good to me :-)
I'm sure that sometime between now and September we can sort something out lol
cheers, Kate
Old 06-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

I have similar experience when I go visit my family in Germany. The fabrics are so much more expensive than here - particularly the SAME fabrics, so I would not get them in country. However, I found some lovely fabric that was made in Germany and it was quite different from anything I get here. So I got it and didn't care about the price.