Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quick Curve Ruler >

Quick Curve Ruler

Quick Curve Ruler

Old 05-06-2016, 05:13 AM

I have made a lot of curved quilts with freehand techniques and loved doing them all. Curved quilts are much easier to do than they look. I see how this ruler will allow the curves to line up nicely from block to block for more uniform patterns. I like it and might be buying one myself (and this is saying a lot because I do not buy rulers lightly) Thank you for showing it to me.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:55 AM

I have one and like it - easy to use and many of their patterns are fresh and fun!
Old 05-06-2016, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Nanaandpopa Thanks for posting your quilt picture, I love it and have to make one. I had enough reward points on Amazon to get the ruler free!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:07 AM

Default Quick curve

I have this ruler and we did urban winter class with it it is very easy to use, just follow instructions. There are a lot of variations you can do including a quilt as you go version. Take a few scrap pieces and practice first, it takes the stress out of it.

Originally Posted by cheryl222 View Post
Does anyone have one of these? Looking at the pictures of it on the website I can't picture how it is used, unless it has a slot to insert the cutter. I love the Urban Candy Quilt and would love to make one but unsure whether the ruler is worth it. I am giving links to both so you can see what I am talking about.

http://justicequilts.blogspot.com/20...rst-quilt.html
http://sewkindofwonderful.com/produc...ck-curve-ruler
Old 05-06-2016, 08:11 AM

Oh and yes it has a slot in it for the ruler, you dont use pins and it goes together easily,

The patterns have a little wiggle room in them and trim up well.

Originally Posted by cheryl222 View Post
Does anyone have one of these? Looking at the pictures of it on the website I can't picture how it is used, unless it has a slot to insert the cutter. I love the Urban Candy Quilt and would love to make one but unsure whether the ruler is worth it. I am giving links to both so you can see what I am talking about.

http://justicequilts.blogspot.com/20...rst-quilt.html
http://sewkindofwonderful.com/produc...ck-curve-ruler
Old 05-07-2016, 02:56 AM

Most rulers have plenty of project and pattern options. Rare is the one trick pony ruler. Mfgrs. Understand that the tools need to have multiple uses.

sandy
Old 05-07-2016, 03:10 AM

I have made 2 quilts and a table runner with the Quick Curve ruler. There is a slot in the ruler just above the words on the ruler. I made the one that looks like a DWR and the urban 9 patch. I did have to read the directions a couple of time to wrap my head around how to trim the blocks. The curves are pretty easy to sew once you make a couple I did find that the best rotary cutter to use on the curve was a 28 MM one. The larger cutter didn't work as easily in the slot. Their patterns are beautiful.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:16 AM

I have this ruler and used it for one quilt. I was worth it for one time use. My quilt won Viewer's Choice at a local quilt show!
Old 05-07-2016, 11:48 AM

L
Originally Posted by Nanaandpapa1 View Post
I made this quilt using the qcr and won best in show at a local challenge. It took some getting used to and I probably would have had an easier time if I'd bought a pattern. I just muddled through with the freebie directions on the web. [ATTACH=CONFIG]549410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549410[/ATTACH]
Muddle through and won best of show! Wow! That's some muddlen'! Lol!
Old 05-07-2016, 03:20 PM

Default Yes, I have one.

I designed my own quilt with it. It makes a beautiful quilt and very easy to use your regular cutting blade with it.