Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever use the Quick Curve ruler? >

Ever use the Quick Curve ruler?

Ever use the Quick Curve ruler?

Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 AM

Default Ever use the Quick Curve ruler?

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever used the "Quick Curver" ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful?
Here's a link to their blog for an idea of what I'm talking about if you're wondering
http://sewkindofwonderful.blogspot.com/

I got the ruler a couple weeks ago and just started playing with it yesterday. I'm attempting to do a double wedding ring quilt with it. I don't know if her DWR pattern is out yet, but I didn't want to wait and thought I could figure it out myself, plus I wanted to make a change or 2 to it anyway, so I figured why buy a pattern I'm just going to change...
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get blocks put together and have them lay flat after pressing? Mine aren't bad, but not as flat as when sewing/pressing straight seams.

Also, I'd love to see more projects with this ruler if anyone has any to share.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 AM

Well this is the first time I've ever seen this ruler so thanks for sharing with us...Secondly bad bad girl lol I'm a gadget girl and can see one of these in the future. Not sure why the they aren't laying flat, but maybe clipping in the curve area would help some.... Ok so I went back to the site to look at the patterns and noticed they are offering pdf files...that's great until I seen they are charging full price....WHAY really, I'm the one as a customer that will have the bigger expense of printing them off....I see this alot on other sites who are offering digital patterns...Wouldn't it be better to charge half the price for the pattern?

Last edited by btiny36; 05-14-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

​I have seen the ruler but didn't have any ideas on how to use it. The site shows some neat ideas.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 AM

She offers tutorials on her blog. I've also found her responsive whenever I've left a comment. She is very approachable for help. I would go there if you are not satisfied with your results. I'll bet she can give you some good tips.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 AM

Ah, the tutorials are helpful. I think I need to try always having my outside curve on top. I think I wasn't doing that yesterday. She pressed differently than I was too. I think more practice will certianly help too.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 AM

oh good. Don't forget to share when you are ready ;-)
Old 09-05-2014, 12:13 AM

lovelovelove
Old 09-05-2014, 08:08 AM

My husband just bought me the king size Judy Neimeyer Double Wedding Ring kit, which I have been drooling over. So I bought Judy's Wedding Ring Template ruler. I haven't started it yet, as I am finishing up Glacier Star so I have no idea how it works, but if think the videos on the site you mentioned may just help. ��
Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

yes, but you don't have to do the odd hand thing she does when sewing the curves together. I don't. I keep the background piece on the top as i sew. There is a photo on here called 1st Metro Ring(s) you can look for. I also posted one arc sewn to the yellow background pieces. I've done 14 now. whew! I have the Metro Rings pattern (wedding ring) and the Urban "something". can't think of that name at the moment. it takes reading and reading and careful placement of that ruler but it can be done.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:55 AM
cjr

I have the ruler;used to make metro rings modern term for double wedding ring. In her pattern directions you do not need to clip curves. They press nicely after being sewn. but you do not press after every seam. It seems to work well, but I probably will not make another wedding ring quilt to soon. To much waste of fabric.