Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: Quilt curtain!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Will a quilt curtain help keep the heat OUT in the summer?
    I hope so - wow I hadn't thought of that! The door is nearly all glass and south facing so it might be great for that too! I got a kind of antiquey tone on tone tea print for the backing which won't mind a bit of fading!

K x

Blog Entries
    I am new to this but, i would try a tension rod and just use t-sirts for the batting and no backing is needed, just use creative stitching and or a nice color thread, and when you make the panalName:  image.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  1.08 MB ok so i cant draw buti hope you understand my gist of it, the bottom right if you make it so the cat door is like a flap for her or him it may be cool to look at also. And for the wires if you start by pulling out tools as though you are going to build it, ( make sure he is home to see you) or ask him if he will help get the correct tools to build it yourself, he will probably do it right then and not keep putting it off. Good luck and I hope you understand my gibberish...
    Granofsam

I made a quilted shower curtain too...made button holes in the top. I didn't use batting, but just quilted through the front and back. Think the process would be the same .. and it still act as a cold barrier. Maybe if you wanted something a little "more" you could use flannel as the batting?
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Blog Entries
    Why not do a roman shade type one using your quilt.
    True4uca

Blog Entries
    You could use a drapery holdback on the left side to expose the cat door! Be sure to let us see what you end up doing! Very interesting problem but solvable!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12