Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt In A Day - Or Years?

Blog Entries
    Is it just that I am so slow or do any of you have a problem with those quilt in a day projects? I finally after about 3 yrs pulled a project out of the bag and started it. It is one of those quilt in a day patterns. Grandmother's Flower Garden. My goodness it took more than a day to cut it. Then each step in piecing the basket takes pressing, measuring and squaring. After the baskets are pieced I still have to hand applique all the flowers in the basket. So much for quilt in a day.

Blog Entries
    One thing the Quilt in a Day is her trade name?I would applique while watching TV.I think it's well worth your time.

I've been quilting for many years and I can't do the Quilt in a Day in one day. The very easy patterns (like Turning Twenty) can be done in a day. The bigger pieces and fewer of them go together fast.

On my appliqué quilt in a day, I took a block a month class at guild.... once I finished the quilt, I named it "It's a Long Day!

when we have our quilting retreat and sew from 7am to 12 pm some us about 1/2 can get a whole top done with borders.YEA so much fun last weekend in feb I cant wait

LOL It is the trade name. You could make a small top out of the log cabin pattern in one day but many of the other patterns take much longer and I think you have one of the more intensive ones. Very pretty pattern though.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    On my appliqué quilt in a day, I took a block a month class at guild.... once I finished the quilt, I named it "It's a Long Day!
    Lol! :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Higdon
    Is it just that I am so slow or do any of you have a problem with those quilt in a day projects? I finally after about 3 yrs pulled a project out of the bag and started it. It is one of those quilt in a day patterns. Grandmother's Flower Garden. My goodness it took more than a day to cut it. Then each step in piecing the basket takes pressing, measuring and squaring. After the baskets are pieced I still have to hand applique all the flowers in the basket. So much for quilt in a day.
    No, It is just a trade name takes me a day to make my mind up of what pattern to make and then a week reassuring myself that I can do it.

Banned
    Maybe it means a crib sized quilt in a day? :)

Banned
    Eleanor Burns has seminars where she teaches from her Quilt in A Day series of books, and a lot of her students do get tops done in a day. I've never been able to do that, and could only do it if a day had 1,392 hours in it!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast