Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Magazine, which one?

There are so many quilt magazines out there, if you could have only one subscription to a quilt magazine, which one would it be and why?

Gosh, there's so many good ones....Hard to choose....:)

QM
    I gave up on all of them and use the on-line goodies for free. The last couple of subscriptions have been very disappoiinting. If I wanted, I could get some mags on disk from QuiltPro.

If I could only have one it would be Machine Quilting Unlimited. Because I can get patterns any where and every where for free but the details and how tos of machine quilting are harder to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    If I could only have one it would be Machine Quilting Unlimited. Because I can get patterns any where and every where for free but the details and how tos of machine quilting are harder to come by.
    And it's full of great eye-candy, even if you hand quilt!

I like American Quilter, too. It's become a tiny bit more pattern oriented, but it shows some interesting techniques, plus they have pictures of the winners in their quilt shows.

Janet

Blog Entries
    My one indulgence is quilt magazine subscriptions-I subscribe to 7 of them! I enjoy (and have subscribed to it the longest-10 years)Quiltmaker-I find the patterns and instructions really easy to follow and have made many from that one. I also enjoy McCalls Quilting, Fons and Porter's For the Love of Quilting, and Quilter's Home (though they are going out of publication as I understand-I loved it when Mark Lipinski was at the helm-loved the magazine for everything except the patterns, but got so many great patterns from the others. I actually enjoy ALL my magazines and continually thumb thru them (even the oldest ones) for inspiration and when I find a new fabric I have to have-to find a suitable pattern for it. If you are a beginner quilter, I think Quiltmaker and Quick Quilts would be a good start-pleanty of beginner-friendly patterns and tuts.

Haven't heard of that mag. Will have to look for it.

I used to subscribe to three of them but stopped them all. Not sure if it's just me, but most of the magazines out there seem to recycle patterns on an 18 month cycle. It got to be the same patterns over and over, just different color ways. I keep up with tools, notions, fabrics, and techniques through this board and other online sites (love youtube for all the how-to videos!!). I put my $$ into EQ7 and am making my own patterns and having a lot of fun doing it.

I love so many I would find it hard to just have one.

I say none. Can't seem to find anything really unique anymore. If a fabric trend is successful in one once, others repeat. I can't seem to be able to tell them apart.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast