Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt shops in Michigan? >

quilt shops in Michigan?

quilt shops in Michigan?

Old 06-08-2014, 10:22 PM

Default quilt shops in Michigan?

We're planning a trip to Michigan in October (I hope we don't freeze) and I'm hoping to find a great quilt shop or two (or three) to visit while there. We'll be flying in and out of Grand Rapids and also plan to visit areas around Traverse City, Sault Ste. Marie, Petoskey, Mackinaw Island and Grayling. Are there any shops in those areas? I've looked online before for shops before vacations and found them closed/out of business when we arrived, so I thought I'd check here. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:21 AM

Go to Row by Row Experience and click on Michigan and they have listed shops in Michigan that are in the Experience. I hope you have fun.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:35 AM

twilight that's for that post. I just looked up Michigan also as I live there. interesting
Old 06-09-2014, 04:26 AM
Power Poster

There are other board members who are from the northern part of the state who will give you better info.
There are 2 that I've been to & would revisit, but a bit off your tour path.
Country Stitches in E Lansing (about 1 hour from Gr Rapids)
And Two Sister's Quilting in Bear Lake.
October is gorgeous here!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:14 AM

Thanks so much for the replies. I've never seen the Row by Row site. What a great resource!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:42 AM

There is a ton of quilt shops here in Michigan to visit. I know that from July 1st to Sept. 1st is the big Row By Row shop hop. If you go to http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/mi...experience.htm there is a list of all 84 Michigan shops play in it. There are 1250 stores playing from all over North American with 34 States and Ontario, Canada. Here the link to see the States that are playing along http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/ro...ting-areas.htm

I'm sure you could find some shops on there to visit. Let me welcome you on your visit to Our lovely state. You might get to see some wonderful fall colors while you are here too.

Toodles,
Tricia

Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 06-09-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:34 AM

Country Stitches in East Lansing is a wonderful shop but a bit out of the way. Fields Fabrics is a fabric (not just quilt) store but they have wonderful quilting fabric. That is in Grand Rapids and a few other places. Not at all like the chain fabric stores. I haven't shopped at the one in Grand Rapids as there is also one in Kalamazoo where my children live but I understand the one in Grand Rapids is even larger and the one in Kalamazoo is large. Grand Rapids is their home base.

Fall in Michigan is beautiful and you shouldn't freeze. I grew up in Michigan and go back every year in the Fall. Both of the shops I mentioned above are on my must visit list.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:12 PM

Most quilt stores carry The Country Register which lists lots!!!!!! of quilt stores all over Michigan. It is free.
Quilt n Bee in Traverse City with Renees nearby in Williamsburg, quilt shop closed in Grayling, Delphines in Gaylord, closed in Petoskey, Heart to Holly in Charlevoix, Gloria B's over the bridge in St. Ignace, The Quilted Moose in Sault Ste. Marie. Village Crafts in tiny Paradise that has grrrreat flannels. We live in Traverse City and camp alot. Those are my go to stores.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 PM

Renee's House of Quilting in Williamsburg, just outside of Traverse City is great - tons of fabrics, patterns, notions etc. Ditto for Delphine's in Gaylord. And if you are in northern MI in October - rejoice. That whole area of the state is so amazingly beautiful in the fall - I swear you can hear the angels sing!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:26 PM

Thank you so much!