Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt shops near Pigeon Forge, TN

Blog Entries

Quilt shops near Pigeon Forge, TN

I am being swept away to a cabin in the woods near Pigeon Forge, TN the last week of March. Of course, I need to know if there are any quilt shops in the area that I should visit! We will be traveling from mid Indiana to Tennessee. Not sure of our route yet but my sweetie is always willing to adjust our route to accommodate a quilt shop stop. Anybody have any recommendations?
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Don't know the route you will be taking, but there is a wonderful shop in Louisville, KY. It's called Among Friends Quilt Shop. They have a lot of gorgeous quilt fabric, and many inspirational quilts on display. They offer quilt kits and lots of precuts as well. It is on Taylorsville Road. I visit there as often as I can, and always ask for gift cards from there for Christmas.

In PF and surrounding areas you can visit Machine Quilting by Iva, The Cherry Pit, and Mountain Stitches by Susan. Iva's and Cherry Pit are fairly close together and I think they are really in Sevierville. Susan's is in Gatlinburg.

If you come down I-75 you can stop in LaFollette at The Quilt Patch (I've never been here, but have heard it's a nice shop). There is a shop in the north part of Knox County called That's Sew Mary Jane. On the east side of Knoxville off I-640 is Dizzy Divas. I don't know of anything else in a direct path to PF.

Have fun and enjoy your visit to our corner of the world!

Darren

JT
    Check out the website for the Quilters' Travel Companion.
    You can check all along your path.

http://quilterstravelcompanion.com/index.html
    JT

If you are coming across I40 from the west, Little Blessing's is just off of exit 317. Make a left on 127 North and go about a 1/4 mile. Blue building on your left.

I have been to Mountain Stitches by Susan....it is a nice shop. I will also be making note of the suggestions on this thread as we will be in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area in late June. I love going down there...we always stay in a cabin. This year my brother-in-law and sis-in-law from Denver will be joining us there. Have fun!

Also Pappy`s is in Maryville,TN on 411 South about 20 miles from PF.

I used to live nearby this area-the Smoky Mtns are just beautiful!! You must see Holloway's Quilts--very quaint shop in a log cabin!! All kinds of fabric, kits, and quilts to drool over. And, it is very close to Pigeon Forge--On Cosby Hwy in Cosby TN. There is a "quiet" side of the area that is not touristy--check out Wears Valley, Townsend, and the Cades Cove Loop Rd. Hope you have a wonderful trip.