Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: quilted games anyone?

They all sound good! i've never played Tribulation, Backgamon, or Tripoli. I'll have to google the rules! I love twister ND THE TIC TAC TOE would be easy.

There's fabric that's printed with a regular size Monopoly board. All you need to do is get the other pieces. I bought several old Monopoly games on garage sales until I had enough pieces to make up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisapao730
    I want ot make al my gifts this year. Since I began quilting, that is all I wish to do! Go figure, right? Well, I have a girl int he family who loves board games, so I thought I'd make a quilted checker board and make the chips from Yo yo's. Does anyone know of any other quilted games to make? I've seen the Sudoku quilt's, I thought about making a grid board and keep the 9 sets of 9 blocks separate so you could have a different game each time. Any ideas?
    sometime-------------I intend to make a checkerboard with quilt blocks----------except each black square will be a counted cross stitch block rather than pieced. If I can ever find 32 patterns that are about the same sized.

tic tac toe

That sounds like it will take too long, but oh so nice it will be!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisapao730
    I want ot make al my gifts this year. Since I began quilting, that is all I wish to do! Go figure, right? Well, I have a girl int he family who loves board games, so I thought I'd make a quilted checker board and make the chips from Yo yo's. Does anyone know of any other quilted games to make? I've seen the Sudoku quilt's, I thought about making a grid board and keep the 9 sets of 9 blocks separate so you could have a different game each time. Any ideas?
    sometime-------------I intend to make a checkerboard with quilt blocks----------except each black square will be a counted cross stitch block rather than pieced. If I can ever find 32 patterns that are about the same sized.

Ropes and ladders (aka chutes and ladders)

There's a game board pattern on Kaye Wood's site that looks pretty cute. It has three or four games on it. She also has a video showing how to make it. I think you can even watch part of the video in her free section.

there is a pattern for a game quilt out there that has 5 or 6 games on it. I made those one year for my grandsons and put different games on each quilt. Was a very good inventment. Can be used over an dover again.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G'ma Kay
    tic tac toe
    I recently saw where someone had placed circle magnets inside a quilt tic tac toe game and then the pieces also had a circle magnet in each piece. You could also do this with a checker board.
    :-D

Oh my goodness The possibilities are endless. What about Backgammon? Look at any boardgame and have fun. Should be an interesting project,

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast