Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: quilted games anyone?

Blog Entries
    how about a bean bag toss gme,, like a hpscotch with points (almost like shuffleboard)

I made a whole bagful of "homade" game. Tic-Tac-Toe, Tripoly (Michigan rummy, hearts and poker can be played with this board-I stuffed the lines around the sections to make wells), Jinx (a board game using dice and pawns). I used bingo chips with a variety of stickers. Backgammon is another game that could be made. I found that I tried to used an already existing game and tried to mimic the same shapes or aleast have the same number of coresponding pieces. I use a pencil bag to hold all the piece and dice. I even used small party favors for Tic-Tac-Toe pieces

This is what I made my grandson years ago because we liked to play games together. Hope you can find one. it is by quiltsmart (Quiltsmart.com). It only took a couple weeks to make the whole thing and he really loved it. Dee....I took pieces from dollar store games and made a matching bag for them with his name on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about yoyo's over button's to give them weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by gramquilter2
    What a great idea to use yo yos for the checker pieces. I have a pattern that calls for buttons like the yo yos better.

IBEQUILTIN is your avatar a pom? She's beautiful.

cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    If you get the CandyLand fabric, or Monopoly, they have the board in the fabric, so you could use that to make the game

I love it! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeBooper
    This is what I made my grandson years ago because we liked to play games together. Hope you can find one. it is by quiltsmart (Quiltsmart.com). It only took a couple weeks to make the whole thing and he really loved it. Dee....I took pieces from dollar store games and made a matching bag for them with his name on it.

Blog Entries
    Use plastic soda bottle caps inside the YoYo for stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisapao730
    I want ot make al my gifts this year. Since I began quilting, that is all I wish to do! Go figure, right? Well, I have a girl int he family who loves board games, so I thought I'd make a quilted checker board and make the chips from Yo yo's. Does anyone know of any other quilted games to make? I've seen the Sudoku quilt's, I thought about making a grid board and keep the 9 sets of 9 blocks separate so you could have a different game each time. Any ideas?

look what I found!

roll-up checker board

checker's quilt

Mancala could work, yo-yos or yarn balls there too. Love your idea by the way!

I just made a Monopoly quilt top. The fabrics and pattern were from Quilted Treasures, I believe. i will post it soon. Before that, I made a QBert quilt, which is an old video game. There are pics of it on the older section of the Pictures. My son, who is 29, collects board games, and most of the quilts I've made him are from video games. I think they are coming out with Scrabble fabric, too, so I think that will be the next one.

Blog Entries
    I made a quilt for my father in law's cabin....it was made of 2 1/2" squares then had black fabric strips through out. It was a maze with the black strips, only one went from one side to the other. Then the other game on the quilt was there were only 2 squares that were the same fabric, so you had to find the matching fabrics.

alimaui

I have started a checkerboard and will make the game pieces by cutting out round circles (2 1/2") and fusing to double sided fusible material. I have made a Sudoku quilt a couple of years ago using African fabrics. I want to make a larger one with actual Sudoku theme fabric I purchased for the backing and random numbered squares. Patterns were available for Bacgammon and Parcheesi a few years ago for purchase. There may be others as well. Also, I have seen patterns for a crossword puzzle and puzzle pieces.

Midwestqltr

Has anyone made the Fons and Porter Bingo game? It was printed in one of their magazines about 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    Tripoli I have made one and it is awsome!!!
    Would love to see a pic of your quilt!! Sounds intriguing
    Heather :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn
    I made a suduko one and it was rough because I kept misplacing the numbers!
    I also made a sudoku quilt - several in fact...

I found a "Nemo" fabric with (happily) nine different characters and I cheated by taking the answers from the back of the sudoku puzzle book I happened to be working on at the time! Easier than making my own puzzle!

;-)

I have a pattern for a backgammon board. I also have a book with chalkboard quilts. That has a checkerboard pattern in it and some other cool ideas too

Just found this site.
    Hope it can help give you ideas.

http://www.kayewood.com/item/Game_Qu...facing/365/c59

I just made two bean bag toss quilt tops. Found the pattern in the "projects" section of the The Quilt Show website. Basically, it is 16 - 10.5" squares w/ sashing and cornerstones and borders (approx 60x60). Make one "line" (no cheating) and the beans bags to match each square from 5.25" squares. Will post when I get one done (hopefully, REAL soon).

I found this pattern at ePatternsCentral.com http://www.e-patternscentral.com/det...l?prod_id=7927

cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by alimaui

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    Just found this site.
    Hope it can help give you ideas.

http://www.kayewood.com/item/Game_Qu...facing/365/c59

Hi! I saw a checker board quilt in one of my books. Hope to make it for my grandsons! They used wildlife fabric, but would think that you could find something for little girls too ... cats, dogs, fairies, etc.

oooo, creative juices are flowing!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinboys
    Hi! I saw a checker board quilt in one of my books. Hope to make it for my grandsons! They used wildlife fabric, but would think that you could find something for little girls too ... cats, dogs, fairies, etc.

Blog Entries
    I put metal washers in yo yos to give them weight. worked really well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast