Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QUILTER'S DESIGN TABLE - #184-8746 (JoAnn Fabrics) >

QUILTER'S DESIGN TABLE - #184-8746 (JoAnn Fabrics)

QUILTER'S DESIGN TABLE - #184-8746 (JoAnn Fabrics)

Old 01-05-2010, 04:25 AM

Well, the tree is down and I have the room to put together my design table.

I have counted and identified each and every screw, nut, bolt, peg and wood pieces. I have got the cabinet part done. I noted that the glue in the bag was sort of gelatinous, so I just dumped that and got out the handy dandy Gorilla Glue, fast cure - dries white! I know this holds because I use this stuff, so that doesn't bother me. But I have to "measure twice, cut once" to make sure everything is in the right place and don't put the glue in the wrong hole. So it does take a tad longer. This is going to last me for the rest of my life, so I want to make sure it is done right.

So, question, request, whatever, if any of you have done this, could you give me a few pointers on what I may expect or if there is something that just doesn't want to work. Then I can anticipate a problem and deal with it before I screw up the whole works - literally!!!!!!!

If it turns out, and I am assuming it will, I will take a picture of it and plaster it across your screen. Just to let you know that an old 71 year old broad can still put a square peg into a round hole, or is that a round peg into a square hole, or is it a square peg into a square hole. Whatever it is, it has to fit under my window. That's all there is to it!!!!

Thanks in advance for any of your help! Edie
Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 AM

GO FOR IT EDIE!!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

I haven't done this but, I am sure if you test fit before gluing it will turn out okay. I am not good at assembling anything. I can do crafts just fine but, not put these kinds of things together. Good luck !!! :D :D :D
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 AM

I ran into a problem. I have six cam bolts here. I know what they are by looking at them, but I do not know how to screw them in. Otherwise everything is going swimmingly! Edie
Old 01-05-2010, 07:00 AM

If this is the table with the fold down sides be careful about which one goes on which side as the slots for the legs have to go in the right direction and it is tricky to tell which way they go.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:25 AM

No it isn't, it has flip out legs that holds the other half of the cutting and measuring board that goes on top, folded. Turns out at 48x48. Neat feature I didn't even know about. You know, sometimes written directions don't mean diddly. Common sense wins out in the end, I swear! That's how I figured out the cam thingy! Very simple, very easy if you just sit and use a little common sense and realize that this was not designed by a woman. Edie
Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
I haven't done this but, I am sure if you test fit before gluing it will turn out okay. I am not good at assembling anything. I can do crafts just fine but, not put these kinds of things together. Good luck !!! :D :D :D
Never done it either.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:31 AM

I have been putting togather furniture for years and the instructions on some are terrible. Cams are no problem but when they omitt a step because they think you know it already is a problem.
I have not gone the cell phone way and so I know nothing about them except they are extremly irritating.
Just found out that you have to hold down the button to turn the darn things on. No instructions on that one. They expect you to know that when nothing else requires you to hold down the on button.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

I love a person with a sense of humor. Good luck with your table.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by erhausfrau
No it isn't, it has flip out legs that holds the other half of the cutting and measuring board that goes on top, folded. Turns out at 48x48. Neat feature I didn't even know about. You know, sometimes written directions don't mean diddly. Common sense wins out in the end, I swear! That's how I figured out the cam thingy! Very simple, very easy if you just sit and use a little common sense and realize that this was not designed by a woman. Edie
LMBO :D:D:D
So...is it all put together and being used now?