Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas >

Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

Old 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM

How about a subscription to a quilting magazine you've noticed around the house? If you don't see any around the house, check out the huge quilt magazine section in your local bookstore, like Borders or Barnes & Noble.
Also, does she have a really good sewing lamp?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:05 PM

checl the Accuquilt site for the machines they have. There are 3 sizes that I know of. There is a new one, called AccuquiltBaby, I think.

All of the above are great items.

Oh, how are the tired are her car..HA JUST JOKING!!!

Wish I could remember the site, but it was a make it yourself table for rotary cutting, Looked like an artists table. Neat
Old 12-11-2010, 03:25 PM

How about a small craft iron as often the big iron is just too big to easily press only the seams.
WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE, BE SURE TO INCLUDE A PRINTED COPY OF YOUR POSTING HERE -- I would cherish that forever!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:34 PM

A Ipad so she can have it right next to her machine to talk to us on the board, get her subscriptions to her favorite quilting magazines sent to her Ipad, Do her designs on the IPad, lay in bed at night and read her mags. on the IpaD. ITs so much fun and so convenient. Its wi-fi so she can take out into the garden in the summer. I understand what you're saying about gardens this coming year. A real necessity.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by qltrzdh
Thank you for your kind suggestions. One that particularly piqued my interest is the anti-fatigue mat. I've used one and it sure helped my back and feet.

She wears Crocs a lot but they aren't so great for this cold weather. I may go to a West Marine store to see if they have Crocs for cold climate.

In the past, I've given a "Day at the Spa," massage, and often pick up fabric and books at yard sales and bazars. (My mom sewed and I am perfectly at home in a milinery shop.) Please don't tell my fishing and hunting buddies.

I am going to our local quilt shop to look at the ALTO cutting system this morning.

We are terrified by the economy and what may happen soon. Perhaps this year there will be more gardening and canning than quilting for her, as bad as I hate to contemplate it.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

WallyO

Hey Wally- Crocs makes nice warm styles--Polar and Blitzen-- with furry fleece on the inside. I wear them when I am standing at the longarm all day long. They help cut down on static electricty, and they are really warand comfortable. You can get em online>>
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-mammoth/10049,default,pd.html?cid=952&cgid=women-fuzz
Old 12-11-2010, 07:31 PM

I would go into her room and check out which thread she uses and get her a collection with several colors. I, for one, never have enough of the color I need at any given time.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by qltrzdh
She wears Crocs a lot but they aren't so great for this cold weather. I may go to a West Marine store to see if they have Crocs for cold climate.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

WallyO
Yes, I have a pair of crocs with furry fabric inside. They're very toasty. I don't even need socks. Let us know how this turns out!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quilters never "tire" of fabric. I sent my husband to the Quilt Shop for my Christmas present. I, too, have more fabric than I can probably quilt....unless I am lucky and find more time and live a long life!

The quilt shop had a lot of fabric half off. I told him to only pick from those bolts. He protested that I may not like it...and I said that I needed to "expand" my taste, and that if I didn't like it I would just cut it into smaller pieces.

Nikki
Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 AM

First of all I want to tell you what a great hubby you are for posting on here. Myself I would love a gift card to my fave quilt store. Also self made coupons for a neck & shoulder massage from you. Maybe give several 10 minute ones. One thing you DON"T want to get her is a vacuum sweeper! LOL Please post when you decide on her gift. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mattee
My favorite thing that my husband gets me is time to quilt. When he can, he does all the household chores, takes care of food and shopping, and makes sure that I have time for a quilt "retreat" right at home. It's time for me to sew without worrying about getting stuff done - because he already got it all done! Oh, and it's free!
I like this ... Lunch, dinner taken care of, on the weekend of her choice.