Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Planner/Other paper quilt organizer >

Quilters Planner/Other paper quilt organizer

Quilters Planner/Other paper quilt organizer

Old 01-09-2017, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by luvspaper View Post
I just use a kids composition book that's made with graph paper. I probably don't put enough information down it's more about what sizes blocks are how I'm going to quell the quilt etc. but it works for me. I don't think I would use an actual planner unless I started quilting for others
This is what I do......Jane
Old 01-09-2017, 09:28 AM

I am putting my whole year and all kinds of things in my Quilters Planner.. LOVE IT.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:55 AM

Actually now that I think about it, the organizing hasn't been too onerous. It's been fun thinking of which projects I'll do, designing the project , what fabrics I'll use and which projects I'll do first. I recently read somewhere that many people have a lot of fun planning their vacations. I think I'm going to take that attitude with this quilt organizing. I know I've blocked out a lot more time to quilt this month because of the deadlines. It's raining today and I was supposed to play tennis ahh more time to quilt. Now if I could figure out how to quilt instead of work.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:10 AM

mjpEncinitas and Pam S: Glad you found the AQS pages useful! Someone mentioned them in another thread here, and free is definitely the right price.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:06 AM

I am sort of like the other post I have so many books or tablets that I write in when things come in my mind I write it down, but I don't see the use for the planner at least for me. I have list written down know what I want to make for farmer's market.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
My DH just gifted me the Quilters Planner for Christmas and I plan on using it faithfully. I own two businesses, one is a specialty food wine store with a bakery & deli...the other is a women's apparel store. I will use my new planner as a daily guide of things "to do" for work, track my employees' birthdays and also trade shows and appointments. I am hoping to get my DH's money's worth out of his thoughtful gift.

I will be using it for quilting too...I somehow got roped into being an Area Rep for midcoast Maine quilting guilds which then reports to the Maine Guild so I will be visititing other chapters from time to time. And then there are my own projects... LOL
You are one busy lady. No wonder you have to be organized. Like QuiltE I like organization and keep ea. project separate in its own project box with a label. It didn't take too many times of searching to realize a label really helps when you have TONS of projects LOL. I am not good with paper however and only keep little post-it notes on my machine for settings, and then drop it in the box with the project if I move on before it is completed. Notes left on the desk or bulletin board, quickly get covered up. I don't keep any history either, just pictures and this board, and of course, the label on the quilt. When I am done, I move on and rarely ever repeat a project. If I changed a design I keep that info with the pattern and file it, sometimes in a friend's hands.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:52 PM

Here's a link to a pretty simple organizer/checklist.

http://www.hellomellydesigns.com/201...ctplannerfree/
Old 01-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

I have a bin with tops and backings in it stacked in the order I need to finish them. Also a project tower with seasonal blocks in each drawer. This is for a top set of these types of blocks. Another tower with small projects ready to be finished(quilted). I don't list them. I do list quilts I have everything for and am ready to make. That is about all the organizing I need. I also keep my fabric stored in categories. Like christmas, fall, spring and the like and then by colors.
Now I realize my stash and to do list is much smaller than some gals who are more prolific than me. But this is the most organizing I want to have.

By the way, I did download the checklist quiltsRfun has above. Just to try it out.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-10-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:10 PM

This has been an interesting thread to read. I really do need to start some project bins for both my sewing and knitting projects. JMoore, maybe we can meet up at Maine Quilts, some time. I belong to the guild in Bridgton.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:10 AM

Post it notes. A handy tool to consider.

I took a course many years ago on information mapping.
Can map my projects by logic and complete them fine once I set my mind to it like everything we all accomolish in life.

Do have tons of ideas and plans so I use post it notes and stick them to the door in my sewing room at clear view to only me, myself and I
A quick note to revisit or re-group later and clears my mind to stay focused on my project.

Works wonders for me.

Happy quilting.