Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting software question >

Quilting software question

Quilting software question

Old 01-14-2012, 02:50 PM

Default Quilting software question

What quilting software do you use on your computer and what do you like and/or dislike about it? Looking to invest in one and would appreciate all opinions and advice; thanks. Judy B in Texas
Old 01-14-2012, 03:44 PM

I have EQ5... they are up to EQ7 now but 5 has so much for me that i have not felt the need to change, yet... you can see what it can do by going to rhonda's tutorial here on this site....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/electric+quilt.html
this is the link to the fist week and all will show up there... you can see what is possible to do with this software...
Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM

Thanks deemail, I went to the link and watched the first lesson Rhonda did in EQ and then I read all the wonderful praise reports on her tuts and on EQ.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:15 PM

I have EQ5 as well. I'm so thankful for Rhonda's great tutorials. I'm really starting to LOVE my EQ5!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 AM

I have EQ6 and am just now getting so I use it to design quilts--It does have a learning curve and I think you have to have considerable patience to learn it. I am very computer literate, but simply did not use it frequently enough to remember how to do things. Now that I am using it more, obviously, I am liking it more. I especially like being able to scan my fabrics into it and then use them in the quilt design. I just finished 3 different designs for a HS grad quilt using fabrics from the univ he will be attending--will let his mom help me decide which one to make up. I will check out Rhonda's tutorials, too.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
I have EQ5... they are up to EQ7 now but 5 has so much for me that i have not felt the need to change, yet... you can see what it can do by going to rhonda's tutorial here on this site....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/electric+quilt.html
this is the link to the fist week and all will show up there... you can see what is possible to do with this software...
Ditto from me!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 AM

I was wondering about using quilting software on tablets. and if there are any really good ones out there like EQ# for tablets. will be watching this.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:26 AM

I have EQ7 and I really like it. It does have a big learning curve. I really should use it more but most of my quilts are "in my head". Rhonda's tutorial here on the QB was a big help for me to begin using it more.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

I've had EQ since EQ3. EQ7 is fantastic. I use the import and trace feature the most. I have Foundation Factory which is for paper piecing and Quilt Pro and Quilt 123. All have features I like. Block Base is like a block encyclopedia. I don't use it very much. I have EQ Boutique and it has specialized programs and it may still be free on the website. You buy the extra programs for it you like. Inklingo is another program I use a lot. When I see a new computer quilt program I buy it to check it out. It's fun to use them.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:07 AM

Your question is confusing....do you mean a quilt 'design' software or do you mean a quilting software that drives your machine and does the actual quilting - like Quilt Motion?