Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Kids - Have you changed up the pattern?

I just finished one of their tops 2 days ago. Some of the 3.5" strips were cut badly, but fortunately they were too large in areas, so I was able to trim them down. They probably have different volunteers doing the cutting, and some are more accurate than others.

yes ive changed and added to material they dont care. i just go 3 kits yesterday cant wait to dig in

Blog Entries
    Mine was absolutely perfect! Guess I was lucky. Finished a second quilt from my stash,getting ready to quilt them! Wish me luck, I'm new at the quilting part! Gona do something VERY simple.

Blog Entries
    I am finishing up my third one and they have all been four patch. I was hoping for a DNP or a Pinwheel. I tried it with the binding this time. I like the double binding and this is just a single. Won't do that again. I suppose the best bet is the pillowcase style! If any of you got the frog one the backside is adorable. I am now starting on the cowboy cows.

I do have to find a cheaper way of sending these quilts. I can't afford to send them as often as I would like to make them. Any suggestions??????
    Post Office charges $7.02 to mail one! I thought I had read somewhere that you could mail in two for the same price as one! Did I dream that?

I am having fun with these, but it is getting hard to send them at that price.

Edie

i would like to send cheaoer too but dont know how

I have done 3 all four patch and one more to do. When I send my own I do a different pattern. I mailed three out today (I could have fit four maybe five and really should have) in a priority box to recycle the box I had, it cost $12.70....... If I had used a plain box it would have been $10.50. It could be more cost effective if you are sending more than one. My kits have all been measured and cut pretty close so no problems there.

Take heart! I also started Q for Kids and mis-read the directions, and had used all of the border fabric in the process. I called and they said not to worry about it; just make it and it will be okay.
    They said the only 2 problems they have are people who get a kit and don't return it, and using too heavy a batting.
    So, I am finishing mine with the wrong blocks sprinkled in the quilt, and it is okay. I am using double flannel sheet, which isn't as heavy as the batting, but I didn't have the right size, and our Wal-Mart was low on everything in batting, and didn't have the weight they mentioned.
    So, don't worry about it, as it will be fine!
    mdtompk@cox.net
    Martha Tompkins
    marta--log-in-name.

I finished piecing a quilt kit from quilts for kids, and then dug into my stash for appropriate fabrics for more quilts. The fabric they sent was a little off in size, but not so much as to make a difference. I am ready to quilt - the real challenge, as I hand quilt most of my projects. But I couldn't resist the chance to help out.

Edit - Thanks, Marta, for the idea of flannel for batt. Our local store is out, as there has been a sale recently!

I'm hoping to find a more economical way to ship them also. I sent 2 yesterday and it cost over $9.00. That was for Priority mail, which was only 50 cents more than parcel post.

I just finished a quilt for kids kit. I followed the pattern they wanted. My pieces were cut exactly as they should be.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast