Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts as moving blankets >

Quilts as moving blankets

Quilts as moving blankets

Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Some quilts are made for camping or the beach, so that doesn't bother me. At least PEOPLE are using them and making memories with them. That's what is really important about making quilts to me.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 PM

I 100% agree with you...I want my quilts to be loved to absolute tatters, and then some.

I made a queen size quilt for my 14 year old nephew - a lot of work, but well worth it. Unfortunately, he has an inherited neuropathy and is rapidly losing sensation in his feet. As a result, he is in and out of the hospital with nasty infections and surgeries to clean out the infection and remove infected bone. He takes it to the hospital when he has to go. It surprised me that the hospital would allow that these days since so many bacteria are antibiotic resistant, but they do. it also surprised me that he would take it!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 PM

I made my niece and her new husband a wall hanging in the colors she chose for her living room furniture. It was one of my first quilts and a few of the points were pointless. I spent a lot of time and money on it and was happy to give it to her. She thanked me and folded the quilt to be hung later. I found out she threw it away as she didn't want things on her walls. I was quite hurt. But I have since learned that her taste is not my taste and the quilt was now hers and she had every right to do with it what she wanted. I've since made quilts for other family members who use them and love them as intended. I'm just more careful in studying them and their tastes to get the quilt 'right'.