Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Sewing Machine...

I did a very dumb thing the other day, and unfortunately it cost me my machine. I had a nifty little computerized Brother machine that had a ridiculous amount of beautiful stitches to choose from and I was very attached to it. I do not know what posessed me to do it, but I decided to take my machine and the kids' laundry down the basement stairs at the same time. This was a very, very bad plan. My machine ended up taking the express route down the stairs and smashed on the floor at the bottom. I cried. Then cried some more.

My fiance knew how upset I was and spent an hour on Kijiji (local trading post) trying to find a replacement machine for me. He ended up taking his b-day money and getting me a temporary machine until I can get a new one. (It turned out there is a problem with the feed dogs, but I was so touched by his actions I didn't tell him).

So, until the end of February, my mother was kind enough to lend me her machine. I think the definition of love is in these two's action :)

No kidding!! I think you are blessed!

Blog Entries
    So sorry about your machine.
    Hope you can find a nice replacement.

OO soo sorry to hear this.... We do learn from our mistakes tho.... It is amazeing when others step up and show us they care and love us when we least expect it!

Sorry about your machine but he's a keeper.

I have no basement and a good thing I would end up in the position of your machine. I have 4 back up machines, I would go nuts without one. Get another good one when you can.

So sorry about your machine. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't sew. I have two back-up machines. You have two very special people in your life.

Just be thankful you didn't take the express route like your machine.

actually, i did that a couple of days prior to that happening. cut up my hand and have a nasty bruise on my thigh to prove it. it is pretty shades of blue and purple right now.

You know if you contact your homeowners insurance it may be covered. That is an expensive break. So sorry.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast