Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise Your Hand If You ...

Blog Entries

Raise Your Hand If You ...

Raise your hand if you love your serger ....

Put it down if you love threading it ...

Thank goodness I have a Super Hero to help!

Name:  monkey fixing serger.jpg
Views: 2760
Size:  131.0 KB
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I am with you .. love the serger hate the threading.. mine is an oldie .. a real pain in the ... to thread. I could use a serger super hero!

I have two sergers I picked up on Craigslist (long story) and I've yet to figure out how to thread either one.

I have a friend who can help me, but not a Super Hero! I'm jealous!

Love my Babylock Imagine serger....it comes with automatic threading . This is my third serger. The first one was a real bear to thread!

This post made me laugh out loud and I agree completely. Could not live without my serger, but would love to have a serger super hero when it comes to changing threads.
    Lori - MamaBear

Blog Entries
    had a serger, hated it, traded with another sewer for an extra machine, made us both happy
    Patski
    always learning

Get a Babylock with the air jet threading. It makes a world of difference.

I have 3 sergers. One is a Brother 929D, a pain to thread but it is a little work horse. Also has a sleeve arm on it, or removable piece so one can get to cuffs, hems for pants easily, etc. I love it, but it doesn't offer to many options.

Also have a Janome compulock, which sews like a dream. It will also do coverstich although, I haven't ever converted it to do coverstitch.

Hubby thought I needed a Pfaff and bought me the 4874. It is a bit intimidating in my book, just because of the many various ways in which to thread it for the various stitches. I don't like it near as much as the Janome. I think I have used it one time to make scrubs for my daughter. That's about all it's been used for.

For little projects my go to machine is either the Brother or the Janome.

Krystina, I have the same serger. I know it's a pain to thread and I avoid it as much as I can.
    If I have to change thread color, I take a DEEP breath, cut all the threads leaving long tails
    and I attach the new thread to the old thread. Switch tension to zero (don't forget to note
    where your tension was LOL). Bring all the threads slowly through. Re-thread the needle,
    don't forget to reset the tension, and you're done. Easy as pie. *yeah right* LOL

That's the way I always thread the serger. The part I have trouble with is getting the tension right. I say the reason serger thread spools are so big is because it takes so much to get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    Krystina, I have the same serger. I know it's a pain to thread and I avoid it as much as I can.
    If I have to change thread color, I take a DEEP breath, cut all the threads leaving long tails
    and I attach the new thread to the old thread. Switch tension to zero (don't forget to note
    where your tension was LOL). Bring all the threads slowly through. Re-thread the needle,
    don't forget to reset the tension, and you're done. Easy as pie. *yeah right* LOL

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast