Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raise Your Hand If You ...

I have a Janome Juno 3434D and it's not too bad to thread
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

I had Singer's top of the line serger (my 3rd serger) so I was an experienced "serger" & it was an absolute nightmare to thread. It was a 5 threader & the loopers were almost impossible to get to. I finally bit the bullet & traded it in on a Babylock with Jet Air auto threading & have never regretted my decision. Very pricey here in Canada but worth every nickel. Cannot imagine sewing without a serger.
    Dance like no one is watching

I am getting reacquainted with my serger after several years of inactivity bec I want to sew doll clothes for DGD. I have a simple Elna 634 and it sews like a dream. Threading paths are color coded, so it's pretty easy. Took a refresher class at the place where I bought it, $20, and now I'm SERGING!!! LoL. Good luck with yours.

It has been said but I'll reiterate - GET A BABYLOCK! The air feed system for threading the loopers makes it so easy to use. Don't need to worry about rethreading - you can thread in any sequence so if/when you run out of thread or it breaks you just rethread and you are ready to go.

I don't work for them, but could definitely sell their sergers,

Shirley in SC

Had a serger--turned it in for a sewing machine. End of story. Actually I don't think i gave the serger a chance but by the time I got through threading it, I was completely out of mood for any type of quilting. Of course, that was a few years ago and I understand the threading procedure has improved since then. I still have to say I do not miss my serger. Betty in IL

Banned
    Same here, I do not remember how to thread my serger either!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
    Krystina, I have the same serger. I know it's a pain to thread and I avoid it as much as I can.
    If I have to change thread color, I take a DEEP breath, cut all the threads leaving long tails
    and I attach the new thread to the old thread. Switch tension to zero (don't forget to note
    where your tension was LOL). Bring all the threads slowly through. Re-thread the needle,
    don't forget to reset the tension, and you're done. Easy as pie. *yeah right* LOL

Power Poster
    I love my serger but like most people hate threading it....I need one of those monkeys like you have......LOL.

Blog Entries
    Krystyna,
    I also have this serger and love it. I found preaty good video on how to thread it on youtube - filmed by young woman, and threading is a snap now, there is also another video on how to figure out the tension.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohtf7H_gyc how to thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTdjgIKIBr0 how to figure out tension problems
    I found them to be very informative, and was able to thread my serger right way first time

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much! I'll look at them later.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I don't have one and have no idea what I would do with one if I did!??!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I have one I inherited and it just sits in my closet. What really do you do with a serger. I love to quilt so what could I possibly use it for when it come to quilting.

Blog Entries
    The Baby Lock air jet threading is great even for a serger novice like myself.

Love my older model surger.I was taught years ago to just tie the old & new thread together & pull it trough slowly until you have reached your needle,works every time !
    lp

I have a big old commercial serger and I love it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    I don't have one and have no idea what I would do with one if I did!??!
    You'd be surprised! I never thought I wanted one, but we got the first one at an estate sale and eventually I found I used it almost every day.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lpsewing View Post
    Love my older model surger.I was taught years ago to just tie the old & new thread together & pull it trough slowly until you have reached your needle,works every time !
    Key phrase: "Until you have reached your needle ..." that's the stinky part!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I had a Phaff but had such a hard time threading it I never used it. I sold it and bought a babylock evolution. I love it. Wouldn't have anything else. I don't mind changing thread or stitches. It even has auto tension.

Blog Entries
    raising my hands (both as I double love my serger) and lowering part way down, as the threading on my Brother Brand .... is fairly simple. Older but a good one none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by kwajgirl View Post
    It has been said but I'll reiterate - GET A BABYLOCK! The air feed system for threading the loopers makes it so easy to use. Don't need to worry about rethreading - you can thread in any sequence so if/when you run out of thread or it breaks you just rethread and you are ready to go.

I don't work for them, but could definitely sell their sergers,

Shirley in SC
    They are nice but on SS and retired NOT affordable in any way for many of us. Had a chance at a used one and it was $700. Way more than I can afford.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
    They are nice but on SS and retired NOT affordable in any way for many of us. Had a chance at a used one and it was $700. Way more than I can afford.
    Looked at them. Looked at the price. Moved on.
    Krystyna

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I hope your Super Hero can help you. I don't have a serger, but it looks complicated.
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I have a pfaff shelf sitter My #3DD talked me into getting one long ago..I used it alot for rolled edges on veiles, even quilts.etc. My#2 DD borrowed it to make a wedding dress etc. brought it back with missing parts, etc. I think once in awhile I should get it down and see if I could get it working again. Threaded it by the method lipswing uses..writing down the tension settings, before moving them.. new ones I have not even looked at. wishing gets to be a dead end so I try not to burden myself with longings not to be fullfilled.. Happy sewing!

Quote Originally Posted by quilttiger View Post
    Love my Babylock Imagine serger....it comes with automatic threading . This is my third serger. The first one was a real bear to thread!
    I too have a Babylock Imagine and just love it. It is my first one and will be my last, after reading how others are such bears to thread.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

I ordered a serger from Brother 2 weeks ago. The box sat in my living room and I finally decided to return it to Amazon.

I could not LIVE without my serger. I have had one since 1991 and am lost without it. Babylock really does have amazing threading with the airlock thing, so don't give up. I love mine, the Imagine.
    Judy
    Friendship is the fabric of our lives!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast