Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ? RE Quilt shops in Jefferson City, Columbia, Lake of Ozarks & Branson

? RE Quilt shops in Jefferson City, Columbia, Lake of Ozarks & Branson

A group of friends and I are planning a trip to Branson MO in October 2012. We will be traveling down US 63 and were interested in shops located near or maybe within 20 miles on our journey to Branson. After JC we will probably be traveling 54 to 65. So if anyone has information about FABULOUS FINDS along these roads, please post so that we can plan an enjoyable, engaging trip. Thank you.

Merrily We Quilt Along- NW corner of 65 & Sunshine. The Quilt Sampler is on SE corner of Glenstone & Sunshine. My favorite, though, is in Ozark at 65 & CC hwy. it's in a strip plaza behind Lambert's Restaraunt.

Quote Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
    Merrily We Quilt Along- NW corner of 65 & Sunshine. The Quilt Sampler is on SE corner of Glenstone & Sunshine. My favorite, though, is in Ozark at 65 & CC hwy. it's in a strip plaza behind Lambert's Restaraunt.
    Oops! The first 2 are in Springfield.
    Enjoy your trip!!

Columbia has two quilt shops -- Satin Stitches and Appletree Quilting Center. Jefferson City has only one, but it's a good one. A little hard to find, but most people think it is worth the effort. It is called Specialty Quilts. Give them a call and someone can give you directions from wherever you are. A free newspaper, the Country Register, will have fabric shops listed by area. Have a great road trip!!!

Blog Entries
    Quilts and Quilts is in Branson - they had to relocate when the tornado came through their building a couple of months ago - they are next to the IMAX theatre now - shouldn't be too hard to find that. They have a website. It was (and I am sure, still is) one of the nicest quilt stores that I have ever seen.
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    There is a JoAnn's in Jefferson City about 2 miles on 54 from the 63/54 intersection. I was there this week and found everything I was looking for and on sale, too.

Quote Originally Posted by himnherr View Post
    Thank you. I know right where Lambert's is located. I will put that on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge View Post
    Columbia has two quilt shops -- Satin Stitches and Appletree Quilting Center. Jefferson City has only one, but it's a good one. A little hard to find, but most people think it is worth the effort. It is called Specialty Quilts. Give them a call and someone can give you directions from wherever you are. A free newspaper, the Country Register, will have fabric shops listed by area. Have a great road trip!!!
    Thank you for the lead. I am a bit familiar with Jefferson City so hopefully I can navigate to it with the help of good directions.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
    Quilts and Quilts is in Branson - they had to relocate when the tornado came through their building a couple of months ago - they are next to the IMAX theatre now - shouldn't be too hard to find that. They have a website. It was (and I am sure, still is) one of the nicest quilt stores that I have ever seen.
    I have checked out their website. Looks like just the place to head for and drool. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Learner747 View Post
    There is a JoAnn's in Jefferson City about 2 miles on 54 from the 63/54 intersection. I was there this week and found everything I was looking for and on sale, too.
    I like JoAnn's and their coupons. Especially for scissors, and other quilting supplies. I was amazed when I recently replaced my scissors. Apparently, they were tireder than I knew about but they have cut many a foot of fabric of all kinds and thicknesses. The new ones just slice through everything. Thanks for the hint. I didn't know about this store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast