Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading this board can be expensive!

Reading this board can be expensive!

I read here frequently and often, thoroughly enjoy. All too often I'll read comments to threads and they'll be a discussion of a product I didn't even know I needed.

A recent thread on cutting mats took me to a site where there were mats on sale...had to have just that one! Well, I really did need a new mat

Luckily most of the time I can use restraint and not purchase everything I look at.

Annie

Yes, I know what you mean. I have bought several products that I learned about here on the board. All to help us do a better job. Now if I could just stay away from the online quilt shops!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    The Board has also helped me not purchase things that others have bought and found they didnt work.

What gets me most often is someone posts a note about some terrific fabric sale. I tend to rationalize some spending on new gadgets with how much I have saved by learning about repurposing or upcycling things on the board..... That works doesn't it???
    Lisa

I feel the same way, I have gotten an itch to buy any old sewing machine I can find. If I pass one up I get withdrawal symptoms, LOL!!!
    Aronel aka Lee

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    What gets me most often is someone posts a note about some terrific fabric sale. I tend to rationalize some spending on new gadgets with how much I have saved by learning about repurposing or upcycling things on the board..... That works doesn't it???
    Absolutely! After all, don't "they" always say: "THE MORE YOU BUY, THE MORE YOU SAVE!"

"They" do, but in response to the statement that there is a 50% off sale, my father always said, "I know how I can save 100%."

It is tempting, I admit!!!!

All the above comments apply to me too. I've learned so much from the threads on this board .... and I've found some that didn't work out also - at least for me. It makes me feel normal to know that others have some of the same difficulties that I have, things that others do with ease.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Quote Originally Posted by charsuewilson View Post
    "They" do, but in response to the statement that there is a 50% off sale, my father always said, "I know how I can save 100%."
    a very wise father!!!!!!
    greetz, fien
    http://quiltfien.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast