Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready Made Acrylic Templates (How to use?)

This is my first topic post so please 4give me if it's redundant. My problem right now is trying to use all of these wonderful pre made plastic templates. I have the entire set of squares, the tri-recs set, the hexagon, the Companion Angle, the Easy Dresden, the Spinning Star, the Easy Scallop, the Easy Eight, the X Block, the 60 degree diamond, and the most boggling to me has been the Simply Crazy by EZ quilting.
    Am I the only one out there who can't seem to get the instructions down pat from 3 paragraphs of "how to" on the back of the package?
    :?

Roses All Around- almost finished!
    Name:  Attachment-62883.jpe
Views: 109
Size:  57.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Some of the templates instructions do seem to be lacking :roll:
    I think the books that they are made for have much better descriptions...and they want you to buy them :wink: and that is why the the instructions are so sparse....

Are these templates for your hand stitching, or for cutting fabric? I have some that I have made myself, and I use them to draw the chalk line for stitching.

The directions are usually to go a long with books, though if you ask how to use one specific one here then I imagine that you will get quiet a response, I know how to use the super 60, I have it and it is great for the One Block wonder and a other things, it makes up into a hexagon really well,

The commercial ones are for cutting, I believe. The ones I have made from Plexi-glass have been both for cutting the fabric and sewing. (I did a miniature Attic Windows template- what a breeze!)

What books? If someone can tell me where to start looking for them, that would be great. I mostly bought these either online or at JoAnn's. (Gotta love those 40% reg. price merchandise coupons! ;-) )

First of all, your quilt is wonderful. Great job. Second, I'm with you. I have to experiment with the templates til I figure it out. The directions stink.

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    The directions are usually to go a long with books, though if you ask how to use one specific one here then I imagine that you will get quiet a response, I know how to use the super 60, I have it and it is great for the One Block wonder and a other things, it makes up into a hexagon really well,
    The super 60??? Do tell, please!

Lizards! Lizards! (quilt I made for my middle son)
    Name:  Attachment-63093.jpe
Views: 100
Size:  189.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    First of all, your quilt is wonderful. Great job. Second, I'm with you. I have to experiment with the templates til I figure it out. The directions stink.
    Well, thank goodness I know now that it isn't just me. We went on vacation to Smith island/ Tylerton in June- I had 3 quilting people who were staying in the same B&B we were and one was a quilting teacher from Maryland. She couldn't even figure out the Simply Crazy template.

:shock: I think I have figured out the hexagons- I found a tutorial on here that was great. I do ok with the diamond. It makes a great isocolies (forgive- I know it's misspelled) triangle that's a great size. My husband helped me experiment with the X blocks one when I first got it, almost 2 years ago! I did a baby dresden- I'll have to see if I can find the pics of that one.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment. These are my early days quilts as you can tell with the uncreative use of squares. :lol:

Baby Dresden in progress- finished and delivered first week of October 2008!
    Name:  Attachment-63096.jpe
Views: 96
Size:  32.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Some of the templates instructions do seem to be lacking :roll:
    I think the books that they are made for have much better descriptions...and they want you to buy them :wink: and that is why the the instructions are so sparse....
    I agree.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast