Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ready to throw my machine out the window!

Blog Entries
    Check to be sure the needle is installed right.Rethread using same thread in top & bottom.Have you changed any settings?
    I had a funny sound,then no sew & I'd left it in bobbin winding mode. My mistake! Have you cleaned the bobbin area? Never hurts to do it again.Read your manual. Hope you can find the problem.

I had the same trouble a few years ago and found that all the bobbins i had at the time were slightly warped. I couldn't even tell unless under a mag light.

I found a picture of the bobbin I am supposed to use in this machine and matched it up to the bobbins I was using and I had the wrong one in. I found one that was right and tried that and now the machine stitches fine. In straight stitch anyway. It still does not zig zag right, but I can live with that. I am not sure machine I will use in the frame. The Kenmore has a cabinet, so I may find another one here that works as well. Throat size is my first concideration. And that it stitches well. I have several to choose from. I need to get one of my vintage machines ready and use that maybe, although they are so heavy.

Blog Entries
    Glad you worked it out.Know how frustrating it can be to have a good machine throw fits :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2