Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Received Fons and Porter DVD in mail - did not order >

Received Fons and Porter DVD in mail - did not order

Received Fons and Porter DVD in mail - did not order

Old 05-09-2011, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shiloh
I got the McCalls & kept it. A few interesting things on it. Are you saying that they will keep sending them even though I didn't pay and didn't return it?
I received one, too. And, yes, they will keep coming. Write refused on the unopened envelope (and the "will not pay postage is a good idea.) I kept the free one. There were some things that I have not tried yet and I liked it, so it is mine now. At some point (maybe the next one) I will write on the outside, "Stop sending these to me please."
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 AM

Wow. I am jealous. How can I get MY free DVD?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM

Same here. I threw it away and have received at least 4 or 5 bills for it. I just throw those away too.
Originally Posted by wolph33
I got one last spring and thru it away.I have received 2 bills for it since-what a joke.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM

I also did not sent my F&P "free" DVD back as I didn't order it. If that's the way they want to do business, I will not renew my subscription. I will purchase off the magazine rack if it has something of interest in it. Their magazine is not exactly cheap. Occasionally I order a "free" magazine and when the bill comes and I'm not really interested in what the magazine offers, I write "cancel" in red on the bill. Some continue to send me a bill and one actually stated my subscription is on hold for nonpayment. Hello, I wrote cancel on the first bill.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:16 PM

I got one the other week and I am not impressed.

Can't even access the pdf files they claim is on it and I have professional Acrobat program.

Will not be ordering and will not be returning it.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:31 PM

I got a DVD from Fons and Porter as well. They kept sending me bills. I finally called them. Keep your fingers crossed for me, no bills yet!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:40 PM

If they state on it that you can keep it without paying them I might depending on what is on the DVD. I subscribe to both magazines but haven't received anything yet, being in Canada it may take longer for it to arrive.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:42 PM

A couple years ago I received a book from one of the Quilting Magazines. It came while I was away and for some unknown reason my husband had opened it. He thought I had ordered it. I could not for the life of me remember ordering a book. But I paid for it because I was not sure how it came to me. Then another one came a month or so later and I knew I did not order it, so sent it back as refused. Then one more book came, and I did the same thing. Then I got an odd letter telling me that I should be paying the postage to return books I ordered and then did not want. So my letter was rather stern that I had not ordered anything from them and if I received one more book I would consider it a free gift. So no more books came.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 PM

I also received one several weeks ago. I returned the dvd with big X to indicae NO so they wouldn,t send anythingmore. Too expensive for me.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Years ago they did this type of marketing, but I thought they outlawed it way back when. Guess not. I feel it is an intrusion and then you have to take time out of your day to send it back or whatever, not a good thing.